Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

few questions about my unlocked att note 2

Tip us?
 
TremuloS
Old
#1  
TremuloS's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 38
Join Date: Oct 2008
Thumbs up few questions about my unlocked att note 2

So I have tmobile and I recently upgraded from a tmogs3 to an att note 2 and I have a few questions.

First can I flash roms from the tmobile version of this phone to my att note 2? I would really like wifi calling and such. And I have accidently flashed either the sprint or verizon version of ditto note 3 to my phone and except for breaking the radio it worked fine.. thank god I didnt brick. So after 3 hours of trying to find my backups and lots of banging my head on the desk I finialy got my phone back to how I had it with the att version of ditto note 3...
Anyway I digress

What files are safe to remove. I dont use most of the samsung crap except air command, I love s-voice but its a battery drainer. I use bump and thats really it.

Can anyone pm me a good recomendation for a completly clean touchwiz rom that doesnt contain anything but the base system.

Is there a flashable zip with the note 3 camera, gallery, air command, multi window, pen window, air gesture, smart stay, smart scroll, basicly the note 3 features minus the samsung app I find I have no use for.
Basicly I want a plain vanella 4.3 touchwiz rom with the note 3 fetures and none of the samsung stuff I dont use. I have removed alot of them using titanium backup but when I remove to many I start getting force closes.

How can I get rid of my magazine I find it annoying when im on my home screen that if I accidently slide up it opens my magazine. I done even use the friggen thing. I think its the most useless app on my device.

Is there a way that I can free up ram? Out of 2 gigs I find I usually only have 300 to 400 mb free. Once the phone gets down to 200 or so mb it starts getting laggy and I have to clean the ram in order to be able to do anything. I find myself cleaning the ram and closing apps in task manager more than acctualy doing anything else really.

Ok I guess im done droning on about what I want.

I do however love this phone and dont see myself changing phones again for quite a while. Any help that you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Current device: att note 2 unlocked on tmobile.
Rom: ditto note 3 version 3.2
Recovery: philz touch 6.2

Previous devices: too many to list. I go through phones like they are reeses peanut butter cups lolz.
 
dicksteele
Old
#2  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,070
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TremuloS View Post
So I have tmobile and I recently upgraded from a tmogs3 to an att note 2 and I have a few questions.

First can I flash roms from the tmobile version of this phone to my att note 2? I would really like wifi calling and such. And I have accidently flashed either the sprint or verizon version of ditto note 3 to my phone and except for breaking the radio it worked fine.. thank god I didnt brick. So after 3 hours of trying to find my backups and lots of banging my head on the desk I finialy got my phone back to how I had it with the att version of ditto note 3...
Anyway I digress

What files are safe to remove. I dont use most of the samsung crap except air command, I love s-voice but its a battery drainer. I use bump and thats really it.

Can anyone pm me a good recomendation for a completly clean touchwiz rom that doesnt contain anything but the base system.

Is there a flashable zip with the note 3 camera, gallery, air command, multi window, pen window, air gesture, smart stay, smart scroll, basicly the note 3 features minus the samsung app I find I have no use for.
Basicly I want a plain vanella 4.3 touchwiz rom with the note 3 fetures and none of the samsung stuff I dont use. I have removed alot of them using titanium backup but when I remove to many I start getting force closes.

How can I get rid of my magazine I find it annoying when im on my home screen that if I accidently slide up it opens my magazine. I done even use the friggen thing. I think its the most useless app on my device.

Is there a way that I can free up ram? Out of 2 gigs I find I usually only have 300 to 400 mb free. Once the phone gets down to 200 or so mb it starts getting laggy and I have to clean the ram in order to be able to do anything. I find myself cleaning the ram and closing apps in task manager more than acctualy doing anything else really.

Ok I guess im done droning on about what I want.

I do however love this phone and dont see myself changing phones again for quite a while. Any help that you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584533
ROM

Flash this and see if it clears your issues first.
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
TremuloS
Old
#3  
TremuloS's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 38
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584533
ROM

Flash this and see if it clears your issues first.
Which issues would this fix? It looks like from the bug reports it has more problems than DE3?
Current device: att note 2 unlocked on tmobile.
Rom: ditto note 3 version 3.2
Recovery: philz touch 6.2

Previous devices: too many to list. I go through phones like they are reeses peanut butter cups lolz.
 
dicksteele
Old
#4  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,070
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TremuloS View Post
Which issues would this fix? It looks like from the bug reports it has more problems than DE3?
Are you talking about these ? -The note 3 Edition only Known Issues

When I read them the OP had mitigated them, has explained a fix.

The DN3 is a ported ROM from the 7100/7105 forum.

SkyNote is built by one of the most talented dev's this forum has.

The issues I was referring to were your memory/ram issues.

You asked about a TW rom with N3 features. Those are your choices.

There are 3202 posts in DN3, 1985 in Skynote, they came out one month apart. Why would there be more posts do you suppose?
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
TremuloS
Old
#5  
TremuloS's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 38
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Are you talking about these ? -The note 3 Edition only Known Issues

When I read them the OP had mitigated them, has explained a fix.

The DN3 is a ported ROM from the 7100/7105 forum.

SkyNote is built by one of the most talented dev's this forum has.

The issues I was referring to were your memory/ram issues.

You asked about a TW rom with N3 features. Those are your choices.

There are 3202 posts in DN3, 1985 in Skynote, they came out one month apart. Why would there be more posts do you suppose?


ok so I gave sky note air a shot and it broke my data completely nothing I could find fixed it, I did finaly get it back but it was a long process and I ended up having to reinstall de3 rom, even just restoring my backup didn't work, I had to wipe my entire phone, reinstall the de3 zip and then restore my back up, so skynote air isn't an option for me, I rely on my data too much, thanks for the help and even though it didn't work for me I very much appreciate the resonce and help have a good one.
Current device: att note 2 unlocked on tmobile.
Rom: ditto note 3 version 3.2
Recovery: philz touch 6.2

Previous devices: too many to list. I go through phones like they are reeses peanut butter cups lolz.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes