5,594,653 Members 32,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PLEASE, Need urgent help unroot my Att Galaxy Note 2 Please!

Tip us?

kobeamox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] PLEASE, Need urgent help unroot my Att Galaxy Note 2 Please!

Hi guys, I have had my Galaxy note 2 I317 for only 7 weeks now with the 4.3 update. A couple days after I had it, I rooted the phone. However, 2 weeks ago, the sim card reader stopped working. I contacted samsung since I was still under warranty and they told me to send the phone so they can fix now. Now while trying to unroot it, I flashed it using the wrong stock firmware. I used 4.1 instead of 4.3 firmware. Now the phone is stuck to the Samsung logo and I am so depressed. I need help finding the 4.3 stock firmware and telling me exactly what to do in order to unroot the phone, reset the binary count to zero, so that i can be able to send the phone to Samsung to be fixed.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kobeamox

ShrekOpher
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Were you on 4.3 when you rooted the phone? If so did you trip Knox? You may not be able to get a warranty repair if you did.

However you may not need one. Have you tried just getting a new SIM card from your carrier? It might just be a bad SIM.

How did you come to the conclusion that the reader was broken?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

ilaf0106
Old
Thanks Meter 17
If your stuck in Samsung logo try flashing 4.3param.tz using Odin.

And most likely you tripped knox.

So you lost warranty.

kobeamox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for your quick reply. I was indeed on 4.3 when I rooted the phone. ABout knox, I may have done it without knowing. how was I supposed to trip knox? I hope I did not. Regarding the sim card, the phone definitely has a problem: we have tested several sim cards from different companies in it, but it does not work. before that, I even went to my company, changed my sim card. That new one worked in my friends phone but wouldnt work in mine. the first day it had just a bit of signal then 2 days later, no signals at all. Please let me know about how I was supposed to trip knox, so that I see if I did it or not
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrekOpher View Post
Were you on 4.3 when you rooted the phone? If so did you trip Knox? You may not be able to get a warranty repair if you did.

However you may not need one. Have you tried just getting a new SIM card from your carrier? It might just be a bad SIM.

How did you come to the conclusion that the reader was broken?

Ye

kobeamox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for your quick reply. But when will I find the 4.3 param.tz? I dont have it. Can u help me locate it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaf0106 View Post
If your stuck in Samsung logo try flashing 4.3param.tz using Odin.

And most likely you tripped knox.

So you lost warranty.

ShrekOpher
Old
(Last edited by ShrekOpher; 23rd January 2014 at 03:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeamox View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. I was indeed on 4.3 when I rooted the phone. ABout knox, I may have done it without knowing. how was I supposed to trip knox? I hope I did not. Regarding the sim card, the phone definitely has a problem: we have tested several sim cards from different companies in it, but it does not work. before that, I even went to my company, changed my sim card. That new one worked in my friends phone but wouldnt work in mine. the first day it had just a bit of signal then 2 days later, no signals at all. Please let me know about how I was supposed to trip knox, so that I see if I did it or not
Thanks

Ye
Check to see if you have a baseband or IMEI in your about phone status under your phone settings. Se screen shots for location.

If these are still full and not listed as unknown then it might be That you need to set your SE Linux to permissive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShrekOpher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4508
Quote:
Check to see if you have a baseband or IMEI in your about phone status under your phone settings. Se screen shots for location.

If these are still full and not listed as unknown then it might be That you need to set your SE Linux to permissive.

fyi .. prolly not a good idea to show your imei...some will use that number to fraudulently sell imei bad phone using your number for reference
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kobeamox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
The issue is that I am stuck on the samsung logo so cant acceed my IMEI
Quote:

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeamox View Post
The issue is that I am stuck on the samsung logo so cant acceed my IMEI
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

Info in here may help you.
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kobeamox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks a lot for letting me know!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
fyi .. prolly not a good idea to show your imei...some will use that number to fraudulently sell imei bad phone using your number for reference

The Following User Says Thank You to kobeamox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]