Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mb886 Flashing Recovery

Tip us?

nickachu22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Mb886 Flashing Recovery

I can not flash a recovery to my Motorola Atrix HD (Mb886). I have tried Clockwork Mod and TWRP but nothing works. Can someone please help by telling me how or what recovery to use.

devilsking
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 974

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickachu22 View Post
I can not flash a recovery to my Motorola Atrix HD (Mb886). I have tried Clockwork Mod and TWRP but nothing works. Can someone please help by telling me how or what recovery to use.
Did you unlock bootloader?
♬ Developer/Themer @ The Myth Team ♬

www.TheMythTeam.com

Supported Devices: Galaxy Ace, Galaxy GIO, Galaxy SII, Nexus 7, Atrix HD

nickachu22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 503 63553955

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking View Post
Did you unlock bootloader?
Yes

TheJeremyWhite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Fastboot? Windows? Error? Current Drivers?

Quote:
Yes
You have not mentioned any specifics, such as Windows or Linux? Fastboot or moto-fastboot? Current device drivers? Does the flash fail? What does the error say? Screenshots would be good along with a description of steps you took. The best anyone can do at this point is direct you toward a relevent thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2421418
One man's Brick is another man's weekend project, I Love This Sh*t!
Phone: Xperia Z1 c6906 (Bell Canada), KitKat 4.4.2 , Locked Bootloader , Rooted, Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.95-BETA, PurePerfomanceX, XLoud, Xposed Framework
Tablet: Nook HD+ 32Gb, CWM 6.0.4.5, KitKat 4.4.2 cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-ovation, PurePerformanceX
PC: Win 8.1 Pro, ASUS MB, i7-3770k Overclocked to 5Ghz, Corsair H100i Water Cooled, 32Gb RAM, Dual GeForce GTX 295 GPU's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheJeremyWhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickachu22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeremyWhite View Post
You have not mentioned any specifics, such as Windows or Linux? Fastboot or moto-fastboot? Current device drivers? Does the flash fail? What does the error say? Screenshots would be good along with a description of steps you took. The best anyone can do at this point is direct you toward a relevent thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2421418
I went to this thread and did what cyanfox said do but it still did not work. I have a desktop running windows 7 with the lastest drivers for my device. I can go and flash recoveries from any source but when it goes to boot into them all that shows up is am android man with an "X" above him.

TheJeremyWhite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
I went to this thread and did what cyanfox said do but it still did not work. I have a desktop running windows 7 with the lastest drivers for my device. I can go and flash recoveries from any source but when it goes to boot into them all that shows up is am android man with an "X" above him.
You mentioned that you've unlocked your bootloader in an above post. I'm assuming you used Motopocolypse, or Myth Tools (which uses Motopocolypse) to do this?
One man's Brick is another man's weekend project, I Love This Sh*t!
Phone: Xperia Z1 c6906 (Bell Canada), KitKat 4.4.2 , Locked Bootloader , Rooted, Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.95-BETA, PurePerfomanceX, XLoud, Xposed Framework
Tablet: Nook HD+ 32Gb, CWM 6.0.4.5, KitKat 4.4.2 cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-ovation, PurePerformanceX
PC: Win 8.1 Pro, ASUS MB, i7-3770k Overclocked to 5Ghz, Corsair H100i Water Cooled, 32Gb RAM, Dual GeForce GTX 295 GPU's

nickachu22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeremyWhite View Post
You mentioned that you've unlocked your bootloader in an above post. I'm assuming you used Motopocolypse, or Myth Tools (which uses Motopocolypse) to do this?
Yes I used motopocolypes. I also used motochopper to root my device.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Did you rename the stock recovery by adding .bak to the end of the file name?
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickachu22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Did you rename the stock recovery by adding .bak to the end of the file name?
What are you talking about? I don't understand.

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
What are you talking about? I don't understand.
Use root browser to go find the recovery script. Rename it from *.sh to *.bak

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app