Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATRIX HD EB20 Battery - Replace Flex Cable?

Tip us?

JewelsBoston
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] ATRIX HD EB20 Battery - Replace Flex Cable?

I've seen nothing BUT information on replacing the battery for the ATRIX HD, but nothing regarding replacing/switching out JUST the torn flex cable. Perhaps it's not physically possible, or the battery will burn up , but I would love to know if anyone has gone this far and attempted. Because my phone is out of warranty, Motorola refuses to sell me a new battery, and I refuse to ship for "repair" when I can do it myself. I've ordered an OEM battery, knowing it will be potentially old and not "new", so I'd ideally like to just take the flex cable; replace mine & keep my good battery.

I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

deeje00
Old
Thanks Meter 399
You can't replace the cable. You said you already ordered a battery. Just use that. It'll work fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note III
The Following User Says Thank You to deeje00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JewelsBoston
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Follow up..

Thanks for responding to my question, Deeje. I was concerned about the new battery and was even more so after receiving it, not an OEM and not even the same size. After calming down (phone was down for 10+ days) and researching my new Sony battery, I found it was of the same power spec and ended up installing. All is good, finally. I recommend RepairsUniverse for the beautiful new screen; the battery shipper shall remain nameless for their lack of communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje00 View Post
You can't replace the cable. You said you already ordered a battery. Just use that. It'll work fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note III