[APP][CLOCK] VibeWatch v0.5b - Bugfix

Search This thread

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
This is an app created upon a request in this thread by wilsonmc.
It´s layout is created for the Samsung Galaxy Gear but since the code it pretty straight forward it would probably work excellent on any Android device.

It´s simple task is:
If it´s activated, every 5 minutes it makes a vibe based on the users custom set up pattern.

Screenshots:
Screen1.png
Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Changelog:

0.1b
-Initial release, only basic function

0.2b
- first vibe always starts when clock reaches next even five minutes.
- Holo theme
- Icon added
- Toast shows the time to forst vibe

0.3b
- Custom Vibe pattern, with possible to test the pattern before save
- Counter wich tells how long until next vibe
- New App Name, VibrateWatch out, VibeWatch in!

0.4b
- Added a function to edit Vibe pattern on stock devices without keyboards
- Added a pretty neat feature that makes the clock Vibe every 10mins at morse code, that is: '10 = dot,dash,dash,dash,dah. 20 = dot,dot,dash,dash,dash and so on (Full hour is set as dash,dot,dot,dot,dot)... every '5 in between the app uses the custom vibe pattern, so if the user only want vibes every 10 min, set the vibe pattern to all zeros.
- Added an Help button for info.

0.5b
- Fixed a bug that didn´t let the vibes through when Screen was off and charger not present.

Download:
VibeWatch v0.5b

Last edited:

Hterag

Jan 30, 2014
Request from Dev:

This App is only tested on null_ rom atm.
I´d like if someone could try this on a pure stock Gear and report the result.

Just tested on stock and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the values from 0s since there's no keyboard installed. You could use a + and - button for each option but it'd be really fiddly on the tiny screen or have them all in a column/row with something like the roller wheel as in the official timer app to set the time under each one.

Otherwise, it's looking fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

Last edited:

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Just tested on stock and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the values from 0s since there's no keyboard installed. You could use a + and - button for each option but it'd be really fiddly on the tiny screen or have them all in a column/row with something like the roller wheel as in the official timer app to set the time under each one.

Otherwise, it's looking fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ah, ofcourse. Didnt´t think of the missing keyboard. I´ll figure something out.

But if you uninstall (to clear all settings files) and the install again and just tap the ON Toggle, does the default Vibe pattern work as it´s supposed to?
Don´t feel like put alot of effort in creating a way to change the value on Stock if not the basic function works ;)

answaiksvoltage

Dec 11, 2006
I'm testing it on the latest Null. I have:

1st Vibe: 50, 1st Pause: 300
2nd Vibe: 100, 2nd Pause: 300
3rd Vibe: 0, 3rd Pause: 0
4th Vibe: 0, 4th Pause: 0

Turning the features on/off does not reset the counter. Meaning if it's running and I shut it down I can open it again and it starts from the previous position and it is still counting. I also tried to turn to it off, change the patterns and turn it back on and it's the same issue.

Otherwise the functionality is awesome. Great deterrent to walk away from conversations with annoying people since they know I can take calles on my watch "Oh, excuse, your five minutes is up sir." . :laugh:

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
I'm testing it on the latest Null. I have:

1st Vibe: 50, 1st Pause: 300
2nd Vibe: 100, 2nd Pause: 300
3rd Vibe: 0, 3rd Pause: 0
4th Vibe: 0, 4th Pause: 0

Turning the features on/off does not reset the counter. Meaning if it's running and I shut it down I can open it again and it starts from the previous position and it is still counting. I also tried to turn to it off, change the patterns and turn it back on and it's the same issue.

Otherwise the functionality is awesome. Great deterrent to walk away from conversations with annoying people since they know I can take calles on my watch "Oh, excuse, your five minutes is up sir." . :laugh:

If I understand the "issue" right here I belive you have missed the point a bit (or I´we explained it badly :p), the time you can see in the counter is the time from that precise moment until you Gear clock turns into a even 5 minutes.
For example: If the clock is 17:22:30, the timer will show 150 sec since it´s exactly 2 min 30 sec until the clock turns 17:25:00.
So when you turn it off and then on again it will only recalculate to find that exact time again and then show it, never just start at 300 and count downwards.

Have I understand your issue right?

answaiksvoltage

Dec 11, 2006
If I understand the "issue" right here I belive you have missed the point a bit (or I´we explained it badly :p), the time you can see in the counter is the time from that precise moment until you Gear clock turns into a even 5 minutes.
For example: If the clock is 17:22:30, the timer will show 150 sec since it´s exactly 2 min 30 sec until the clock turns 17:25:00.
So when you turn it off and then on again it will only recalculate to find that exact time again and then show it, never just start at 300 and count downwards.

Have I understand your issue right?

Well I will Homer Simpson myself with a D'oh! My bad. I reread it and missed where you said it auto starts on a 5 minute based on time. So once it reaches a '5" it will then run with my settings correctly? Even if I change the 300 to say a 600?

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Well I will Homer Simpson myself with a D'oh! My bad. I reread it and missed where you said it auto starts on a 5 minute based on time. So once it reaches a '5" it will then run with my settings correctly? Even if I change the 300 to say a 600?
In the initial 0.1b release it worked like an timer, but I added the clock matching feature in v 0.2b, so you will never see a value greater then 300 since it´s the maximal number of seconds for 5 min´s.
The numbers you set in the vibe pattern are stated in milliseconds and let´s you set a pattern for how to vibrate at each 5 min.
I´ll try to add some info about the function in the app...

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
App Updated to v0.4b!

New version uploaded!

The 0.4b brings a more stock friendly GUI and the posibility to let your Gear tell you the time by Morse code!

Changelog and Download in first post.

And again, someone with a Stock Gear, try this app and report back in this thread!

Last edited:

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Great job ! I'm thinking about including your own little section in aroma.. you can feature the apps you want to include.. think about it, hit me up on the chat.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronfurro and st-tps

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Tried the app out live today at work and found some naughty bug that sometimes prevents the Vibes to come through when Screen is off.
Don´t bother download the 0.4b, I´ll keep you posted when I got a decent sollution!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an app created upon a request in this thread by wilsonmc.
    It´s layout is created for the Samsung Galaxy Gear but since the code it pretty straight forward it would probably work excellent on any Android device.

It´s simple task is:
    If it´s activated, every 5 minutes it makes a vibe based on the users custom set up pattern.

Screenshots:
    Screen1.png
    Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Changelog:

0.1b
    -Initial release, only basic function

0.2b
    - first vibe always starts when clock reaches next even five minutes.
    - Holo theme
    - Icon added
    - Toast shows the time to forst vibe

0.3b
    - Custom Vibe pattern, with possible to test the pattern before save
    - Counter wich tells how long until next vibe
    - New App Name, VibrateWatch out, VibeWatch in!

0.4b
    - Added a function to edit Vibe pattern on stock devices without keyboards
    - Added a pretty neat feature that makes the clock Vibe every 10mins at morse code, that is: '10 = dot,dash,dash,dash,dah. 20 = dot,dot,dash,dash,dash and so on (Full hour is set as dash,dot,dot,dot,dot)... every '5 in between the app uses the custom vibe pattern, so if the user only want vibes every 10 min, set the vibe pattern to all zeros.
    - Added an Help button for info.

0.5b
    - Fixed a bug that didn´t let the vibes through when Screen was off and charger not present.

Download:
    VibeWatch v0.5b
    Great job ! I'm thinking about including your own little section in aroma.. you can feature the apps you want to include.. think about it, hit me up on the chat.
    App Updated to v0.5b!

New release out with a fix for the bug that I explained in last post.

Changelog and Download in first post.