Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL] [LINUX/MAC] Nexus Tools 2.4 (Featured by XDA)

OP corbin052198

6th February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 109

71 posts
More

Nexus Tools is an installer for the Android debug/development command-line tools ADB (Android Device Bridge) and Fastboot for Mac OS X and Linux. The script does not need to be downloaded, simply copy and paste this command into the terminal and run it to install Nexus Tools:

Code:
bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)
and this command to un-install Nexus Tools:

Code:
bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)
These commands will download the selected script and run it. The script will download the files it needs during runtime, so it requires an internet connection. The script works on both Mac OS X and Linux (as long as the curl package is installed).

Nexus Tools requires sudo privileges to install/uninstall the adb and fastboot tools to /usr/bin, so they can be run without typing the full directory. Nexus Tools is licensed under the GPLv3 license.

GitHub Project
XDA News Article
Last edited by corbin052198; 16th December 2014 at 10:55 PM.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to corbin052198 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee / XDA Portal Team - Title Under Construction. Please Pardon Our Dust
Thanks Meter: 7,231

14,148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin052198

Nexus Tools is an installer for the Android debug/development command-line tools ADB (Android Device Bridge) and Fastboot for Mac OS X, Linux, and Google Chrome/Chromium OS. The script does not need to be downloaded, simply copy and paste this command into the terminal and run it to install Nexus Tools:

Code:
bash <(curl https://raw.github.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)
and this command to un-install Nexus Tools:

HTML Code:
bash <(curl https://raw.github.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)
These commands will download the selected script and run it. The script will download the files it needs during runtime, so it requires an internet connection. The script works on both Mac OS X and Linux (as long as the curl package is installed).

Support for Google Chrome OS is experimental at this time, as I was only able to test it on a build of Chromium for x86 PCs. I don't have an actual Chromebook to test it on, but Nexus Tools should work correctly on both x86 and ARM Chromebooks.

Nexus Tools requires sudo privileges to install/uninstall the adb and fastboot tools to /usr/bin, so they can be run without typing the full directory. Nexus Tools is licensed under the GPLv3 license.

GitHub Project

This looks interesting.

I have an x86 Chromebook that I'd like to try this out on. One silly question though, where exactly am I entering the command to download the script?
The Following User Says Thank You to conantroutman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Portal Team
Flag Somewhere in Poland
Thanks Meter: 11,642

6,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantroutman

This looks interesting.

I have an x86 Chromebook that I'd like to try this out on. One silly question though, where exactly am I entering the command to download the script?

You need to visit the github page and type in the terminal: git clone git@github.com:corbindavenport/nexus-tools.git or get it as a zip archive, extract and run install.sh (not sure if it works on Chromebook).
8th February 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 109

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

You need to visit the github page and type in the terminal: git clone git@github.com:corbindavenport/nexus-tools.git or get it as a zip archive, extract and run install.sh (not sure if it works on Chromebook).

Actually by entering the command listed on the home page, which is this:
Code:
bash <(curl https://raw.github.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)
your Chromebook will download and run the script automatically. You don't have to download the repository
The Following User Says Thank You to corbin052198 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Charlotte, Nc
Thanks Meter: 1,060

592 posts
More
you don't know how many lives you've saved!!!
11th February 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
OSX
It works, just changed the radio on my Droid DNA using a MacBook (Maverics) Thanks!
11th February 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

66 posts
thank u very very much
Last edited by hettab; 11th February 2014 at 04:05 AM.
11th February 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
I will try this soon! I have a Mac Mini and would like to mess around with this!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 291

792 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin052198

Actually by entering the command listed on the home page, which is this:

Code:
your Chromebook will download and run the script automatically. You don't have to download the repository

But since Chromebooks don't have Terminal, in which app/program would I enter the command? Excited to try this, sounds very cool......
11th February 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #10  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 53

109 posts
More
I have a ZTE wireless USB modem and unfortunately theres no support for it on Linux. So no internet on linux. Thats what has barred from installing flashtool cz it needs some stuff from the net. All I am saying, can you provide a way which doesnt use internet?
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, fastboot, nexus, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread