- This is an experimental (albeit stock) ROM.
- You MUST BE S-OFF to complete this process!
- Your internal storage will be erased during the process. If you have anything you want on it, back it up to an external location.
- This process will change the partition layout of your device, meaning you will NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK!!! You won't be able to use any ROM not based on the same partition layout - this means any/all Sense 4 ROMs and any/all AOSP ROMs.
UPDATE: It is possible to go back to the old partition layout, but only via RUU, using the official 3.17 RUU from HTC's website or VipeRUU
- If you've read the above and you're ready and willing to risk your device, you may proceed
- I will NOT be held responsible if something happens to your device while or after flashing any of these files! All flashing is done at your OWN RISK.
- If you are ready to take responsibility for your actions, then proceed.
- I will not be writing these instructions for noobs! I expect that anyone wishing to perform this update has an understanding of fastboot commands and understands how PJ75IMG files are handled. I will NOT be explaining that here. IF YOU ASK, I WILL IGNORE YOU.
- Software Version: 4.13.651.4 (Source: Official HTC RUU)
- Rooted (thanks to Chainfire for SuperSU)
- Busybox added
- init.d support added
- Tap & Pay enabled for Google Wallet
- NFC icon hidden
- Camera Shutter Sound option enabled
- Deodexed version available
- Download firmware+recovery file & your choice of ROM zip.
NOTE: It is recommended to update via RUU rather than installing the firmware from this thread.
- Place downloaded ROM zip on external SD card for later use.
- Install firmware+recovery file via HBOOT or fastboot. This will update your HBOOT (2.10), your radio (188.8.131.525) and some other important firmware bits, and install TWRP Recovery. This version of TWRP has been modified to accommodate the updated partition layout for this update. Make sure you remove or rename any PJ75IMG files from your external SD card after this step.
- Boot into recovery, and wipe all partitions except SD card. If there are errors, ignore them for now.
- Reboot recovery.
- Flash via ROM zip via TWRP. If the TWRP gives an error and reboots, hold the volume down button to get back to the bootloader, boot back into recovery, and flash again. It *should* flash fine on the second attempt.