[ROM][FIRMWARE][RECOVERY][STOCK] Sense 5, Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.4

Search This thread

virtualmassacre

Apr 22, 2013
Lakeland
Any way anyone here could send me just the newest firmware version for this phone?

The website previously used to host the files just gives me spam and the links never download.

The alternative mirror on dropbox has been removed as well. I seem to be having trouble getting the firmware from the RUU files.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Any way anyone here could send me just the newest firmware version for this phone?

The website previously used to host the files just gives me spam and the links never download.

The alternative mirror on dropbox has been removed as well. I seem to be having trouble getting the firmware from the RUU files.
Link works fine for me.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577420

What problem are you having with extracting the firmware?

EDIT: Just use the Universal RUU Decrypt Tool to extract the firmware. Search XDA for it.

Last edited:

virtualmassacre

Apr 22, 2013
Lakeland
I use Linux only and don't have access to a windows PC. There is not a way for me to use the RUU

You are a god Captain Throwback. Thank you so much, I looked for something like this for 4 hours last night.

musicclar

Jan 28, 2011
Yes - the extraction tool. Got it. I guess I was trying to avoid downloading the entire RUU just to get the firmware and bootloader out of it.. had limited bandwitdth.. but that works..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMERS:
    • This is an experimental (albeit stock) ROM.
    • You MUST BE S-OFF to complete this process!
    • Your internal storage will be erased during the process. If you have anything you want on it, back it up to an external location.
    • This process will change the partition layout of your device, meaning you will NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK!!! You won't be able to use any ROM not based on the same partition layout - this means any/all Sense 4 ROMs and any/all AOSP ROMs.
      UPDATE: It is possible to go back to the old partition layout, but only via RUU, using the official 3.17 RUU from HTC's website or VipeRUU
    • If you've read the above and you're ready and willing to risk your device, you may proceed
    FINAL DISCLAIMER:
    • I will NOT be held responsible if something happens to your device while or after flashing any of these files! All flashing is done at your OWN RISK.
    • If you are ready to take responsibility for your actions, then proceed.
    Additional Notes:
    • I will not be writing these instructions for noobs! I expect that anyone wishing to perform this update has an understanding of fastboot commands and understands how PJ75IMG files are handled. I will NOT be explaining that here. IF YOU ASK, I WILL IGNORE YOU.
    ROM Details:
    • Software Version: 4.13.651.4 (Source: Official HTC RUU)
    • Rooted (thanks to Chainfire for SuperSU)
    • Busybox added
    • init.d support added
    • Tap & Pay enabled for Google Wallet
    • NFC icon hidden
    • Camera Shutter Sound option enabled
    • Deodexed version available
    Instructions for installation:
    1. Download firmware+recovery file & your choice of ROM zip.
      NOTE: It is recommended to update via RUU rather than installing the firmware from this thread.
    2. Place downloaded ROM zip on external SD card for later use.
    3. Install firmware+recovery file via HBOOT or fastboot. This will update your HBOOT (2.10), your radio (1.13.11.1105) and some other important firmware bits, and install TWRP Recovery. This version of TWRP has been modified to accommodate the updated partition layout for this update. Make sure you remove or rename any PJ75IMG files from your external SD card after this step.
    4. Boot into recovery, and wipe all partitions except SD card. If there are errors, ignore them for now.
    5. Reboot recovery.
    6. Flash via ROM zip via TWRP. If the TWRP gives an error and reboots, hold the volume down button to get back to the bootloader, boot back into recovery, and flash again. It *should* flash fine on the second attempt.
    FYI:

This is the output of cat proc/emmc after the firmware update:
    Code:
    dev:        size     erasesize name
    mmcblk0p23: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: 00fffe00 00000200 "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
    mmcblk0p36: 88000000 00000200 "system"
    mmcblk0p30: 00140200 00000200 "local"
    mmcblk0p37: 0dfffc00 00000200 "cache"
    mmcblk0p38: 2f0000000 00000200 "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
    mmcblk0p34: 01900000 00000200 "carrier"
    mmcblk0p39: 05dffc00 00000200 "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
    mmcblk0p35: 047e9800 00000200 "reserve"
    mmcblk0p17: 02d00000 00000200 "radio"
    mmcblk0p18: 00a00000 00000200 "adsp"
    mmcblk0p16: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
    mmcblk0p19: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
    mmcblk0p20: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
    mmcblk0p24: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
    mmcblk0p25: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
    mmcblk0p32: 00040000 00000200 "skylink"
    mmcblk0p33: 00040000 00000200 "cdma_record"
    mmcblk0p35: 047e9800 00000200 "reserve"
    Block 38 is now all userdata, and serves as emulated storage at /data/media rather than the previous (odd) setup where /data was at block 37 and was only 2GB, and block 38 was formatted as FAT and as an SD card. I think this way makes a lot more sense, personally, and is consistent with how the newer devices and Android versions handle storage.

The ramdisk setup for the new storage setup is below:
    Code:
        # setup the global environment
        # See storage config details at http://source.android.com/tech/storage/
        mkdir /mnt/shell/emulated 0700 shell shell
        mkdir /storage/emulated 0555 root root
        mkdir /storage/ext_sd 0000 system system
        mkdir /storage/usb 0000 system system

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage/emulated/legacy
        export EMULATED_STORAGE_SOURCE /mnt/shell/emulated
        export EMULATED_STORAGE_TARGET /storage/emulated

# Support legacy paths
        symlink /storage/emulated/legacy /sdcard
        symlink /storage/emulated/legacy /mnt/sdcard
        symlink /storage/emulated/legacy /storage/sdcard0
        symlink /mnt/shell/emulated/0 /storage/emulated/legacy

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE2 /storage/ext_sd
        export EXTERNAL_STORAGE3 /storage/ext_sd
        export EXTERNAL_STORAGE4 /storage/usb
        export EXTERNAL_STORAGE5 /storage/usb

# create mountpoints
            symlink /storage/ext_sd /sdcard2
            symlink /storage/usb /mnt/usb

Bugs:
    • Phantom app icons may appear in app drawer after uninstalling certain applications. This appears to be related to apps that install automatically to sd. NOTE: This is an issue with the base. Workarounds: Uninstall phantom apps from app drawer by dragging icon to the top of the screen, or hide the phantom app icons.
    • Airplane Mode Toggle (Widget) opens Settings instead of toggling Airplane Mode - this is a bug in the base

Downloads
    NEW Official TWRP thread
    CUSTOM TWRP VERSIONS (starting with 2.8.4.0, both old and new partition layouts are supported)

4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery (deprecated) (red dev text removed from HBOOT)
    NOTE: After flashing this, you will need to follow one of the procedures here to flash the ROM.

2.10.0000 HBOOT (red dev text removed) Only

Firewater HBOOT 2.10.5555 (based on 4.13.651.3 update)

4.13.651.4 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Odex

4.13 651.4 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Deodex

-------------------------------

Old Downloads
    TWRP Recovery 2.8.0.3
    TWRP Recovery 2.8.0.2 (Bootloader-Flashable zip)
    TWRP Recovery 2.8.0.0 | Mirror
    Updated Holofied theme
    TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.0b (updated for latest s4/Jewel CM commits)
    Holofied theme: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2783912&stc=1&d=1402066818 thanks @z31s1g for this theme and keeping it updated!
    TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.8b
    Holofied theme: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2725765&stc=1&d=1399236317
    2.10.0000 HBOOT (red dev text removed) + TWRP 2.7.0.0b Recovery Only
    Recovery Only - TWRP 2.7.0.0b with updated partition layout (.img file) | Bootloader-Flashable | TWRP w/updated curtain - thanks to BD619
    4.13.651.3 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Odex
    4.13 651.3 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Deodex | Mirror (Please only use if Dev Host link is down)
    4.13.651.1 Firmware
    Alternative: PJ75IMG firmware zip w/recovery included - thanks to adonwenas
    4.13.651.1 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Odex
    4.13 651.1 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Deodex

-------------------------------

Mods (system mods are for Deodexed ROM only unless otherwise specified in the post that contains them)

services.jar w/signature check disabled - thanks to Sinistertensai | Update for 4.13.651.4 - thanks to FusionX

Advanced Power Menu, Prism w/expanded grid size & menu support - Thanks to Sinistertensai

Camera Button Screen Wake - Thanks to FinZ28, O.M.J

SystemUI with Location reticle removed (flashable) - thanks to drob311

SystemUI with Location reticle removed & 1x/3G Mod (flashable) - thanks to drob311 | Updated mod for 4.13.651.4 - thanks to ahecht

Hack for Native Sprint Hotspot - UPDATED - thanks to nfinitefx45, FesterCluck
    NOTE: May cause data connectivity issues
    NOTE 2: Only works on 3G. For tether app that works on 4G, see this post.

Disable NFC Icon (Guide) - thanks to litlepyro | Flashable - thanks to drob311

Mail w/Exchange Security Disabled | Flashable - thanks to phillymade

Enable Horizontal Quick Settings (Guide) - thanks to FusionX

Rearrange Quick Settings (Guide) - thanks to nfinitefx45

SystemUI updated w/customizable themed Horizontal Quick Settings - thanks to Sinistertensai | Flashlight Toggle Fix thanks to chubbzlou, SupermanTW for posting
    Update w/White Circle Battery Icon - thanks to FusionX

Adjust Signal Bars to show Voice Strength vs Data (Guide) - thanks to markb629

How to Enable Shutter Sound toggle in Camera (must be done prior to first boot) - Guide

Blue Icons in Settings - thanks to lreyes

EPST modified to allow Manual PRL updates - thanks to nfinitefx45

30 Step Volume Mod - thanks to nfinitefx45

Percent Battery Mod - thanks to ahecht

Text Battery Percentage Mod (Remove icon) - thanks to nfinitefx45

Roam only Mod - thanks to nfinitefx45

Wake on SMS/MMS mod - thanks to nfinitefx45

Percent Battery Mod (OMJ Sense) - thanks to thecarp1975

Sense 5 Toolbox (requires Xposed Installer/Framework)

Xposed Status Bar Mods - Sense (requires Xposed Installer/Framework)
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q1: Do I have to use the recovery you posted?
    A: Yes.

Q2: Can I use an older RUU to go back to Sense 4/AOSP?
    A: Yes. See links in first post.

Q3: I'm getting "no root access" on my apps. How to fix?
    A: Flash SuperSU in recovery.

Q4: Where are the downloads, already?
    A: Post #3.

Q5: Can I just update my firmware and keep my current ROM?
    A: NO. Once you update the firmware your partition layout will be changed and any ROM not using this base will not work.

Q6: Do I need to backup my SD card?
    A: This process will not affect removable storage (i.e. SD card).

Q7: Will I be able to restore nandroids of old ROMs after flashing this?
    A: NO. This will completely change your partition layout, so NO OLD ROMs WILL WORK (unless you first RUU back to the old layout).

Q8: My bootloader says "TAMPERED" after flashing the firmware. How to fix?
    A: Just ignore it. It's no big deal. If it truly disturbs your essence, unlock your bootloader.

Q9: Can I flash a custom bootloader to get rid of the red text and make my phone say "LOCKED" again?
    A: Only if you use HBOOT 2.10.0000 as the base for customization (there are no custom bootloaders for this version yet). A bootloader with the red text removed is attached to Post #3.

Q10: How come after I flashed the firmware my bootloader is LOCKED and fastboot isn't working?
    A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50188067. NOTE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50190549

Screenshots

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    I threw a quick zip together of the pertinent files that changed between .3 and .4. I'm testing on the Sense 5.5 port currently, but it should obviously work on this ROM.

Probably back up first (I clean flashed) myself.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576634

I keep trying to stop, but I . . . I just can't :eek:.
    Here are some additional mods. The first are SystemUI.apks that remove the GPS reticle and show true 1x and 3g icons. The second are SystemUI.apks with those mods plus a battery percent mod.

I wanted a battery mod that overlaid the percent over the stock battery icon. However, all the themes, mod packs, and xposed modules that had a stock with percents icon used scaled versions of icons for the HTC one, which look blurry when scaled to fit our 720p screen. This battery icon was edited at the pixel level to be perfectly sharp, including the use of pixel art fonts. It really makes a difference on the screen. It uses 100 1% increments for the battery level, including the exact correct level on the bar. The charging animation is also perfectly smooth, using 100 steps instead of the 10 steps in the stock battery icon.

Here is an animation showing the icon (it looks smoother on the phone than in this GIF):
    attachment.php

Examples of it in use:
    Screenshots.png

Attached are no-gps-1x3g-batpct-systemui_v3.1.zip and no-gps-1x3g-batpct-systemui_v4.1.zip, which are flashable systemUIs with this battery mod, no GPS reticle and fixed 1x and 3g indicators (thanks @drob311 and @debarron). v3.1 is for 4.13.651.3 and v4.1 is for 4.13.651.4. The SystemUI.apks are zipaligned and have optimized PNGs.

EDIT: The V3.1 and V4.1 files have a working 1x/3g mod, thanks to debarron's work reverse engineering sin's eq mod

I've also included BatteryPercentDrawable.zip, which includes the images and xml files if you want to incorporate these icons into your own mod, and BatteryPercentSource.zip, which includes all the components (numbers, bars, backgrounds) and the scripts needed to build the animation frames using ImageMagick. Feel free to use these however you see fit, just credit me if you do.

Finally, I've included 1x3g_and_GPS_Mods.txt, which details the smali changes to HtcGenericNetworkController.smali and LocationBasedServiceController.smali for 1x/3g and GPS (again, credit goes to @drob311 and @debarron), as well as a batch file to help you with decompiling and recompiling SystemUI.apk.