Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Fix IMEI Null and Baseban Unknown!! on Galaxy S advance

Tip us?

ManzzaShahi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Smile [GUIDE] Fix IMEI Null and Baseban Unknown!! on Galaxy S advance

In some specific firmware regions when we move to custom roms or another regions rom we get this error imei null and baseband unknown. Here is the way to fix this problem

1.First you should install stock rom of your region so that you get your imei and baseband back.
2.After this install root explorer or any another root browsing apps and navigate to /system/lib and search a folder called (tee) inside there and copy that (tee) folder to your external sd card or a pc.
3.If you want to flash custom roms then open your custom rom using 7-zip and navigate to /system/lib and drag and drop your original (tee) folder there and replace with custom roms (tee) folder.
4.After that you can normal flash that custom rom and your imei null and unknown baseband will be solved.
5.Another method is if you move to another region firmware then after installing firmware manually delete (tee) folder from /system/lib and put the one you backed up in /system/lib and fix the permissions to rwxr-xr-x and reboot your system.
6.All done enjoy...

This works for both gingerbread and jellybean roms
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ManzzaShahi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gszabi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Nice if it is real. In my case this problem is always hw fault or efs damage.

encik_racun
Old
Thanks Meter 176
How about CSC unknown?

I experiance it whenever i do:
-deodexed my stock rom
-flash custom rom which is the same as deodexed it (all custom rom here use deodexed)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

ManzzaShahi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by encik_racun View Post
How about CSC unknown?

I experiance it whenever i do:
-deodexed my stock rom
-flash custom rom which is the same as deodexed it (all custom rom here use deodexed)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

sorry i dont have that problem and how did you solve that error
also which is your firmware region
you can try up method and see if it works

HassanM
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Hi there......

First thanks.... I did manage to recover my imei....

But some how I dont see the folder (Tee) in system/lib in both my Custom Rom (Omega v12) or on my Stock Rom....

PLz advise

Thanks
Hassan Khalid Malik

★★★OMEGA ROM Team Member★★★
Samsung Galaxy S4 I-9500 - Omega Rom 22, Perseus 19.1 Alpha, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (CPU) init.d Script / Audio w/DSP init.d Script -
Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 - Omega Rom 58, Boeffla-Kernel 5.3, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (Audio w/DSP) init.d Script -

kohtoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManzzaShahi View Post
In some specific firmware regions when we move to custom roms or another regions rom we get this error imei null and baseband unknown. Here is the way to fix this problem

1.First you should install stock rom of your region so that you get your imei and baseband back.
2.After this install root explorer or any another root browsing apps and navigate to /system/lib and search a folder called (tee) inside there and copy that (tee) folder to your external sd card or a pc.
3.If you want to flash custom roms then open your custom rom using 7-zip and navigate to /system/lib and drag and drop your original (tee) folder there and replace with custom roms (tee) folder.
4.After that you can normal flash that custom rom and your imei null and unknown baseband will be solved.
5.Another method is if you move to another region firmware then after installing firmware manually delete (tee) folder from /system/lib and put the one you backed up in /system/lib and fix the permissions to rwxr-xr-x and reboot your system.
6.All done enjoy...

This works for both gingerbread and jellybean roms

my s advance i9070 also imei null after i upgrade i9070xxlpy version 4.1.2. I tried to downgrade to 2.3.6 to get back region firmware but FAILED. Can you teach me how to do? Pls..

th3cr0w
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohtoo View Post
my s advance i9070 also imei null after i upgrade i9070xxlpy version 4.1.2. I tried to downgrade to 2.3.6 to get back region firmware but FAILED. Can you teach me how to do? Pls..
downgrade is not as simple as "just flash GB again"
You need to use this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100642
Previous:
- stock JB 4.1.2 XXLQE (XEO) + CoCore 7.6 (CWM)
- CM10.1
- CM10.2
- CM11 by Maclaw
Current: CM11 by TeamCanjica
on i9070

shadytarek_97
Old
Thanks Meter 10
thanks very much

kohtoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3cr0w View Post
downgrade is not as simple as "just flash GB again"
You need to use this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100642
i tried with followed the instruction but after i click the start button it was failed. i only can restore to version 4.1.2 i9070XXLPY but imei is still null/null. pls how can i do? help me bro.

th3cr0w
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Look at log in odin if it was crc error that prevented flashing. If it was that then re download firmware.

Sent from my SGS Adv. using xda-developers app.
Previous:
- stock JB 4.1.2 XXLQE (XEO) + CoCore 7.6 (CWM)
- CM10.1
- CM10.2
- CM11 by Maclaw
Current: CM11 by TeamCanjica
on i9070

Tags
baseband unknown, fix, imei null, s advance