Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprints 4.4 update

OP SelfElevated2

14th February 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270

819 posts
Is it possible to make they're repacked rom usable for us? They already made it a flashible zip with root and removed Knox. Can someone make it usable for att or do we just have to wait for a GSM carrier to get the update?
15th February 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 387

1,790 posts
More
I'm sure you could just port it over. It's not very difficult to do, there are lots of tutorials on how it's done
17th February 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 650

1,305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfElevated2

Is it possible to make they're repacked rom usable for us? They already made it a flashible zip with root and removed Knox. Can someone make it usable for att or do we just have to wait for a GSM carrier to get the update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

I'm sure you could just port it over. It's not very difficult to do, there are lots of tutorials on how it's done

We can't make use of it. OTA's aren't in normal ROM format, they're made to patch files. They can't be ported, and run many checks first to make sure the device is the correct one before flashing. Not to mention modifying it would lose the signature we don't have that it needs to flash. Now, if someone took the OTA and then made a flashable zip from the stock system files, then it would be in a nice ROM format but it still wouldn't update and you could only use it if you have an unlocked/exploitable bootloader, at which point you should check the big guide in the general section about running other carrier's ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270

819 posts
Yeah Im on amdl boot loader. I'm sure we'll get our own update sometime. I only asked because If a update came out for tmo or 9505 we'd have it as soon as someone made it into a flashible zip. Wasn't sure if sprints was be that helpful . Thanks for the info tho
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread