FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Sprints 4.4 update

848 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By SelfElevated2, Senior Member on 14th February 2014, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is it possible to make they're repacked rom usable for us? They already made it a flashible zip with root and removed Knox. Can someone make it usable for att or do we just have to wait for a GSM carrier to get the update?

15th February 2014, 05:08 PM |#2  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 406

More
I'm sure you could just port it over. It's not very difficult to do, there are lots of tutorials on how it's done
17th February 2014, 06:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 685

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfElevated2

Is it possible to make they're repacked rom usable for us? They already made it a flashible zip with root and removed Knox. Can someone make it usable for att or do we just have to wait for a GSM carrier to get the update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

I'm sure you could just port it over. It's not very difficult to do, there are lots of tutorials on how it's done

We can't make use of it. OTA's aren't in normal ROM format, they're made to patch files. They can't be ported, and run many checks first to make sure the device is the correct one before flashing. Not to mention modifying it would lose the signature we don't have that it needs to flash. Now, if someone took the OTA and then made a flashable zip from the stock system files, then it would be in a nice ROM format but it still wouldn't update and you could only use it if you have an unlocked/exploitable bootloader, at which point you should check the big guide in the general section about running other carrier's ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 11:42 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Yeah Im on amdl boot loader. I'm sure we'll get our own update sometime. I only asked because If a update came out for tmo or 9505 we'd have it as soon as someone made it into a flashible zip. Wasn't sure if sprints was be that helpful . Thanks for the info tho
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread