Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprints 4.4 update

Tip us?

SelfElevated2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 254
Default Sprints 4.4 update

Is it possible to make they're repacked rom usable for us? They already made it a flashible zip with root and removed Knox. Can someone make it usable for att or do we just have to wait for a GSM carrier to get the update?

thatsupnow
Old
Thanks Meter 351
I'm sure you could just port it over. It's not very difficult to do, there are lots of tutorials on how it's done
Samsung Galaxy s5 - Bobcat ROM 1.0
KT kernel 2.7 GHZ

Other phones:

Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M
Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M
Sony Play, Arc, X10

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfElevated2 View Post
Is it possible to make they're repacked rom usable for us? They already made it a flashible zip with root and removed Knox. Can someone make it usable for att or do we just have to wait for a GSM carrier to get the update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow View Post
I'm sure you could just port it over. It's not very difficult to do, there are lots of tutorials on how it's done
We can't make use of it. OTA's aren't in normal ROM format, they're made to patch files. They can't be ported, and run many checks first to make sure the device is the correct one before flashing. Not to mention modifying it would lose the signature we don't have that it needs to flash. Now, if someone took the OTA and then made a flashable zip from the stock system files, then it would be in a nice ROM format but it still wouldn't update and you could only use it if you have an unlocked/exploitable bootloader, at which point you should check the big guide in the general section about running other carrier's ROMs.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SelfElevated2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 254
Yeah Im on amdl boot loader. I'm sure we'll get our own update sometime. I only asked because If a update came out for tmo or 9505 we'd have it as soon as someone made it into a flashible zip. Wasn't sure if sprints was be that helpful . Thanks for the info tho