Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Z1][JB&KK][AROMA]Volumemod - no quality loss! Choose your own volume! 31.05.14

Tip us?

olokos
Old
(Last edited by olokos; 31st May 2014 at 12:27 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1083

DONATE TO ME
Default [Z1][JB&KK][AROMA]Volumemod - no quality loss! Choose your own volume! 31.05.14

I've seen loads of threads for other devices and now I got mad because the volume wasn't enough for me, so I decided to create one for Z1.
It will work with EVERY FIRMWARE/ROM/KERNEL. from 4.2.2 to 4.4, just choose the correct option in Aroma
It's compatible with Viper4android - confirmed.
It was made possible by @SuperHanss . I used this guide to see what needs to be edited. Please thank him, because I wouldn't be able to do this without him.

That's not just copy and paste from another mod, so audio quality remains the same because I just made audio output number different.

Enable "dynamic equaliser" in sound options/equaliser to get the full boost. I found out that if it's disabled, the volume is much lower.

UPDATE 31.05.2014 z1 volume mod 2.5 (latest version)
Fixed headphones in-call and made it an option along with earpiece.
Download - HERE

UPDATE 07.05.2014
Added earpiece boost (small speaker used to hear the person in a call) only for android 4.4. I also propably fixed aroma installer this time.

UPDATE 09.04.2014
Updated the files with those from .757 FTF to fix the routing issue. (Audio from earpiece instead of from the speaker)

UPDATE 05.04.2014 Latest version - Z1 headphones volume mod 2.2 JB&KK AROMA.zip
Added speaker boost for all roms!
DEAF volume works great on 4.4! It's terribly loud!

Please report any issues!
I know that speaker is a bit distorted at the highest volume, I decided to leave it that way because some tracks are recorded quieter than others.

If the aroma installer wont work for you then unpack the zip, open aroma, choose your android version, choose whether you want headphones or headphones+speaker boost, choose the volume boost of your choice, go to the etc folder in there and move mixer_paths.xml file from there to /system/etc, change mixer_paths.xml permissions to those of other file in that directory and then reboot and it'll work. Currently this issue occurs only on the monx's rom.

Coming soon:
Maybe bluetooth
Of course you will be able to choose any of those volumes independently.
Boost for more devices (all android volume boost is my target)

There might be a problem with the mod. It fails to extract files on some roms and recoveries, no idea why. If you don't hear any change in volume then do this.
1. extract the latest zip
2. Choose your android and desired boost
3. copy mixer_paths.xml of your choice and paste it into /system/etc
4. Fix permissions in recovery or correct them by yourself (they should be set the same as other files in /system/etc
5. reboot

If you want to help me with fixing aroma installer, then please do this, I'll add you to the credits with a link with to post with your fix so people could "thank you" in that post.

Boost is tested with:
Z1
Z1c
Z Ultra

DON'T DOWNLOAD VERSIONS FROM ATTACHMENTS ANYMORE!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_lower_than_stock_volume.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.3 KB, 216 views)
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_back_to_stock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.2 KB, 220 views)
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_INSANE!!!_volume_boost_with_backup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.9 KB, 750 views)
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_quiet_volume_with_backup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_volume_boost_with_backup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.9 KB, 479 views)
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_volume_restore_for_all_devices.zip - [Click for QR Code] (171.5 KB, 179 views)
File Type: zip Z1_headphone_DEAF_volume_boost_with_backup_volume300.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.9 KB, 303 views)
File Type: zip Z1 headphones volume mod 4.3&4.4 AROMA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.48 MB, 400 views)
File Type: zip Z1 headphones volume mod 4.3&4.4 AROMA 2.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.95 MB, 639 views)
File Type: zip Z1 volume mod 2.2 JB&KK AROMA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.11 MB, 248 views)
File Type: zip Z1 volume mod 2.3 JB&KK AROMA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.11 MB, 1067 views)
File Type: zip Z1 volume mod 2.4 JB&KK AROMA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.18 MB, 967 views)
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014
The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SuperHanss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2537

DONATE TO ME
No problem, enjoy!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperHanss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheKnux
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Sorry to ask, but doesn't this work with AOSP?

Sent from my Beanstalk infused Z1

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1083

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux View Post
Sorry to ask, but doesn't this work with AOSP?

Sent from my Beanstalk infused Z1
It should work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puneethv
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Is this for .136 or .290?
-------------------

Devices: Nokia 3310(Upgrade) --> Sony Ericsson T105(Upgrade) --> Sony Ericsson T230(Upgrade) --> Sony Ericsson T610(Upgrade) --> Nokia 7610(Upgrade) --> Sony Ericsson M600i(Screen Broke) --> Sony Ericsson mini pro(Upgrade) --> Sony Xperia SP --> Sony Xperia Z1

paullu
Old
(Last edited by paullu; 7th February 2014 at 09:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Thank you
But i flashed it nothing happen?!
Sound still same
Edit: sorry i didn't pay attention for headphones
Yes it is very lound. In first time i thought it for loud volume when you talking on the phone
htc touch/ htc cruise /htc hd/ hd2/nexus one/hd7
htc incredible s/Htc sensation /htc hd7(again)/ galaxy s2/ galaxy s3
sony tx / xperia ZL / xperia z1/htc m8/xperia z2
The Following User Says Thank You to paullu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1083

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneethv View Post
Is this for .136 or .290?
Based on .136 but it should work without a problem on .290 as those are the same files on every firmware starting from .534 (there might have been some cosmetical changes, but those changes could only improve the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullu View Post
Thank you
But i flashed it nothing happen?!
Sound still same
It's for headphones with minijack, not bluetooth or speaker. Sound will not change. Volume WILL change.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsmt971@yahoo
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post

It's for headphones with minijack, not bluetooth or speaker. Sound will not change. Volume WILL change.
Can you make one for speaker and bluetooth? The sound equaliser on 136 ROM is not working properly except walkman app.

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium
Don't wait it happen, make it happen!

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1083

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure what should I edit to get speaker and bluetooth louder and which values are safe for them eg. How loud can I set speaker until it burns. I have an idea how could I get it working, but that will take some time.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ferranza
Old
Thanks Meter 137

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
I'm not sure what should I edit to get speaker and bluetooth louder and which values are safe for them eg. How loud can I set speaker until it burns. I have an idea how could I get it working, but that will take some time.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
let's give a try to this mod... i'm on 136...