[APP][SMS] NativeSMS v0.2b - Favourites added - GEAR EXCLUSIVE!

Search This thread

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
This Thread is a breakout from the "[HOW TO] Manually invoke send text template" thread created by the almighty fOmey.

It simply let´s you send one of the Text Templates to any Phone number by the users choice. Either select a number from the Contact list (Google account sync required!) or from the Favourite list you can create yourself.

Screenshots:
screen1.png
screen2.png

Changelog:

0.1b
- Initial release
- Select reciever from contact list

0.2b
- Favourite list added
- Long press on contact in Contact List adds person to Favourite list.
- Icon added

Download:
NativeSMS v0.2b

XDA:DevDB Information
NativeSMS, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

Contributors
st-tps

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.2b
Beta Release Date: 2014-02-07

Created 2014-02-07
Last Updated 2014-02-07

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 655
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 645

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Thanks, this sounds cool but pardon my confusion. Does this require internet tether to be active on the gear to use? :cyclops:
No it doesn´t, you can add your favourite recievers manually if you want to.
But if you want access to the contact list from your Google account your Gear needs to be synced, but only just once, then your contacts stays in the Gear.

Reactions: zlaven

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
this is awesome! looking forward for a direct contact message shortcut for extra easiness :)

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Okay a dumb question but I figured I would ask. Install the app on the gear? Or on the phone? I am thinking the gear but wanted to make sure.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Houpty

Feb 23, 2014
How do you sync the Google account to Native SMS? I'm on a non-rooted gear, but have installed Fleksy for a keyboard.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Will this only work on selected samsung phone or my sony z ultra which I have workng with gear manager.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
How do you sync the Google account to Native SMS? I'm on a non-rooted gear, but have installed Fleksy for a keyboard.

Not possible. You need Internet on the Gear to sync, and that's only possible if you run null_
But if you have a working keyboard I assume you could add your favorites manually.

Will this only work on selected samsung phone or my sony z ultra which I have workng with gear manager.

Can you answer to incoming sms with the notifications app?
If yes, it will probably work.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Not possible. You need Internet on the Gear to sync, and that's only possible if you run null_
But if you have a working keyboard I assume you could add your favorites manually.

Can you answer to incoming sms with the notifications app?
If yes, it will probably work.

that i cant do still looking into it atn manager worked once and then stopped working could not get it to work again.

Chilopo Gepetritis

Jan 20, 2014
How do I sync google account?

Every time I try to "add an account" my google account to my gear. I get an error message and it closes before I can input my google account. I have rooted my gear with NULL and I have WonderShare to add all the apps I want. But I can't add an account to my gear. Anyone had this problem also?

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Every time I try to "add an account" my google account to my gear. I get an error message and it closes before I can input my google account. I have rooted my gear with NULL and I have WonderShare to add all the apps I want. But I can't add an account to my gear. Anyone had this problem also?

You have to enable BT Tether before adding an account. So you have Internet on the gear.

Chilopo Gepetritis

Jan 20, 2014
You have to enable BT Tether before adding an account. So you have Internet on the gear.

I actually do have bt tethering on and internet active on my Gear. But what happens is that when I go to add and account and it asked to use existing account or new account, either choice I make it closes the app and gives me the "Unspected error happend and needs to close" error. So its more like a bug that keeps closing the google account adder before I can enter my account info. It might just be a bug on my gear and maybe re-rooting and reinstalling NULL on it can fix it. But I rather not go through that process just to add my google account to my Gear.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
I actually do have bt tethering on and internet active on my Gear. But what happens is that when I go to add and account and it asked to use existing account or new account, either choice I make it closes the app and gives me the "Unspected error happend and needs to close" error. So its more like a bug that keeps closing the google account adder before I can enter my account info. It might just be a bug on my gear and maybe re-rooting and reinstalling NULL on it can fix it. But I rather not go through that process just to add my google account to my Gear.

Well then I don't know, haven't had that issue myself.
Try ask the same question in the null_ FAQ-thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588143

Reactions: Chilopo Gepetritis

flouflou

Oct 28, 2012
Paris
:confused:

Maybe I misunderstood the operation of this app, but you can do the same by slipping into the list of contacts on the contact you want to send the message.
Am I wrong? :confused:
Or maybe it comes from a recent update?:confused::confused:

shpitz461

Aug 25, 2007
Acworth, GA

Did you enable tethering on both the phone AND watch?

Attachments

• bt_tether.png
    bt_tether.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 223

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread is a breakout from the "[HOW TO] Manually invoke send text template" thread created by the almighty fOmey.

It simply let´s you send one of the Text Templates to any Phone number by the users choice. Either select a number from the Contact list (Google account sync required!) or from the Favourite list you can create yourself.

Screenshots:
    screen1.png
    screen2.png

Changelog:

0.1b
    - Initial release
    - Select reciever from contact list

0.2b
    - Favourite list added
    - Long press on contact in Contact List adds person to Favourite list.
    - Icon added

Download:
    NativeSMS v0.2b

XDA:DevDB Information
    NativeSMS, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

Contributors
    st-tps

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.2b
    Beta Release Date: 2014-02-07

Created 2014-02-07
    Last Updated 2014-02-07
    What is the purpose of a SMS app that doesn't let you write SMS :confused::confused::confused: Lol. I deleted this and installed a proper SMS app which allowed me to type SMS on the watch itself. :good:

This app was created WAY before that SMS app was released.. has been around for quite some time now, check the creation date of this thread.

It also does not rely on any "server's" to be installed on the host phone, this app takes advantage of the template database created by Gear Manager. It does not rely on any additional apps to function.

Some people don't find it practical to reply to SMS's on a watch and prefer to use the predefined templates. Even tho this being outdated, is still a very practical alternative.

Nether the less your attitude stinks, if you don't have a use for something simply don't use it.. doesn't give you an excuse or reason to bash something.
    Thanks, this sounds cool but pardon my confusion. Does this require internet tether to be active on the gear to use? :cyclops:
    No it doesn´t, you can add your favourite recievers manually if you want to.
    But if you want access to the contact list from your Google account your Gear needs to be synced, but only just once, then your contacts stays in the Gear.
    Okay a dumb question but I figured I would ask. Install the app on the gear? Or on the phone? I am thinking the gear but wanted to make sure.
    You´re right, on the Gear it is.

Well then I don't know, haven't had that issue myself.
    Try ask the same question in the null_ FAQ-thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588143