Cyanogenmod 11 on E970 on T-Mobile -- How to Flash Radios?

Search This thread

bishbish777

Feb 8, 2014
I just updated my E970 to CM 11, and everything appears to be working great. My only issues so far are these:

1) I can't hear anybody during voice calls.

2) The signal appears to be slightly weak? I haven't had the phone for too long, but my mobile network signal appears to be slightly weaker than when I was on JB.

I have read that one way to fix the issue with the voice calls is to flash a hybrid radio, but I have not a clue how to do that. Could somebody please offer some assistance? Thanks in advance.

mikeylikey

Jan 3, 2013
Dallas
I just updated my E970 to CM 11, and everything appears to be working great. My only issues so far are these:

1) I can't hear anybody during voice calls.

2) The signal appears to be slightly weak? I haven't had the phone for too long, but my mobile network signal appears to be slightly weaker than when I was on JB.

I have read that one way to fix the issue with the voice calls is to flash a hybrid radio, but I have not a clue how to do that. Could somebody please offer some assistance? Thanks in advance.

There's a thread in the General section that discusses the hybrid modems for tmo with links to them. You flash it just like flashing a rom.

As far as the signal strength, stock bars are typically higher than custom roms due to custom giving you a true reading and stock/carrier fudging theirs.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app