XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] after rooting cant go to recovery mode

Tip us?

aharnish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] after rooting cant go to recovery mode

i rooted and unlocked bootloader in my sony ericsson neo v , then by going through the CWM apk installed , i cleared the
--wipe data/factory reset
--wipe cache partition
--wipe delvik cache
then i installed the ROM from the sd card(the zip file) ,, but somehow it stopped installation midway, and when i restarted using recovery mode, it just started like showing sony logo and on , it is not booting at all, i am struck, kindly help.

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by aharnish View Post
i rooted and unlocked bootloader in my sony ericsson neo v , then by going through the CWM apk installed , i cleared the
--wipe cache partition
--wipe delvik cache
then i installed the ROM from the sd card(the zip file) ,, but somehow it stopped installation midway, and when i restarted using recovery mode, it just started like showing sony logo and on , it is not booting at all, i am struck, kindly help.
Since you have unlocked boatloader flash a custom kernel with fastboot... You will get access to recovery... Through that you can install roms... Or you can flash stock firmware through flashtool...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

aharnish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude.SSJ View Post
Since you have unlocked boatloader flash a custom kernel with fastboot... You will get access to recovery... Through that you can install roms... Or you can flash stock firmware through flashtool...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app
thanx for your reply.. my pc is not detecting the phone.. whenever i try to switch it on or try to connect it to the pc, it just shows the sony logo and then does nothing... please help..

megatpanji
Old
Thanks Meter 57
please read again how to flash custom kernel which have built-in CWM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409269
Xperia Neo V PAC-Man
http://i.minus.com/iTlwqR4HGbLsS.png

saktie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
--wipe cache partition
--wipe delvik cache
what room & cwm you use ?

ktsnnet
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The most! easy way, just install cwm via xpart app (search it in google play store). sorry for my bad english

shubh_007
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
thanx for your reply.. my pc is not detecting the phone.. whenever i try to switch it on or try to connect it to the pc, it just shows the sony logo and then does nothing... please help..
While connecting your phone to your pc keep the menu key on your device pressed. That will enable you to connect it in fastboot mode. After that you can flash a custom kernel with cwm through flashtool.

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

aharnish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh_007 View Post
While connecting your phone to your pc keep the menu key on your device pressed. That will enable you to connect it in fastboot mode. After that you can flash a custom kernel with cwm through flashtool.

thamks , it was helpful but i again switched to my default icecream sandwitch(sony provided) ,, could u suggest me a good rom that would run smooth on my xperia neo v, kindly give me the steps or hyperlinks, thanks again.

shubh_007
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
thamks , it was helpful but i again switched to my default icecream sandwitch(sony provided) ,, could u suggest me a good rom that would run smooth on my xperia neo v, kindly give me the steps or hyperlinks, thanks again.
Hit thanks if i helped.
Btw which rom do you want gb/ics/jb. I am listing some of my personal favourites you will find them easily in the neo v development section. The steps to installation are also there in the respective roms, if you still have some problem you can first try to find the solution by reading the thread or else post your question on respective threads or pm me. Happy to help. The roms i like are
1. SJB 4.1.2
2. Mike's LegacyXperia rom CM10.1/10.2
3. DarkDefenders's rom based on LegacyXperia 4.2.2 ( Currently discontinued)
4. Ultimate HD rom (ICS)
5. Xperia Slim (GB)
These many would be enough to confuse you.

The Following User Says Thank You to shubh_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aharnish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh_007 View Post
Hit thanks if i helped.
Btw which rom do you want gb/ics/jb. I am listing some of my personal favourites you will find them easily in the neo v development section. The steps to installation are also there in the respective roms, if you still have some problem you can first try to find the solution by reading the thread or else post your question on respective threads or pm me. Happy to help. The roms i like are
1. SJB 4.1.2
2. Mike's LegacyXperia rom CM10.1/10.2
3. DarkDefenders's rom based on LegacyXperia 4.2.2 ( Currently discontinued)
4. Ultimate HD rom (ICS)
5. Xperia Slim (GB)
These many would be enough to confuse you.

if i go for SJB 4.1.2 , then should i use the CWM(clock work mode)?
if i go for 2nd option CM10.1, then which mode should i opt for?
and which is the easiest way to unlock my bootloader?
thanks heavily my english is not good either bro.