Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 50,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashtool drivers won't install in Windows 8. How do install it?

Tip us?

garzie2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] flashtool drivers won't install in Windows 8. How do install it?

I want to flash CyanogenMod 10 on my unlocked Neo V. I just upgraded to Windows 8 64bit Pro. After going in a fastboot mode (to flash kernel), flashtool gave me a driver error and rightly pointed to the driver folder.

However after extraction of the drivers, I get an install error so I can't use fastboot. How do I install these drivers?

Sent from my XDA pimped Neo V

koradiavatsal
Old
Thanks Meter 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by garzie2000 View Post
I want to flash CyanogenMod 10 on my unlocked Neo V. I just upgraded to Windows 8 64bit Pro. After going in a fastboot mode (to flash kernel), flashtool gave me a driver error and rightly pointed to the driver folder.

However after extraction of the drivers, I get an install error so I can't use fastboot. How do I install these drivers?

Search for thread "fastboot and flashmode driver installation for windows 8 "by pharandeamit in neo general!

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

PAC- Paranoid Android+CM+AOKP
The Following User Says Thank You to koradiavatsal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garzie2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by koradiavatsal View Post
Search for thread "fastboot and flashmode driver installation for windows 8 "by pharandeamit in neo general!

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2
I actually figured it out on my own. Turns out Windows 8 by default locks out unsigned drivers. I just turned it off at boot and the drivers installed perfectly. Fastboot now works

mjames.abordo
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default question:

Ive followed the steps to disable driver signature verification but my sony vaio would not boot to start up options I cant hit the disable driver signature verification because I can't go to that screen.. after I hit restart it just boot as normal and load the os..
mjames.abordo

Elite UnRecognized Leecher - OP

ROM: ME YOU I

classicmixup
Old
Thanks Meter 8
check this may be useful. I too have problem in 8.1 but for 8 it should work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633904

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Or these
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600874

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044804

Hit thanks if it helps...