[Q] Odin Fail - unsupported version

Search This thread

tengengegas

Jul 7, 2011
im trying to flash my phone back to stock after it crashed from an ota update that kept fc chameleon.

::: it has the knox upgrade unfortunatley:::

when i odin mc2 it fails and my phone states "unsupported format"

what does this mean?

s/n: im currently downloading a mk4 tar thats taking forever is there a speedy link i can retrieve it from?

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
im trying to flash my phone back to stock after it crashed from an ota update that kept fc chameleon.

what does this mean?

s/n: im currently downloading a mk4 tar thats taking forever is there a speedy link i can retrieve it from?

CANT DOWNGRADE WITH ODIN. You either need to odin the MK4 or flash a custom recovery (twrp) and use billards back to stock mc2 with counter reset which will downgrade you.

Reactions: tengengegas

tengengegas

Jul 7, 2011
oh ok awesome.. now i guess im just waiting on the mk4 to finish then.. whats the latest recovery?

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
oh ok awesome.. now i guess im just waiting on the mk4 to finish then.. whats the latest recovery?

Philz is the best all around (a modified cwm). It will install/backup and restore every rom out there. TWRP can have issues with touchwiz 4.3 and AOSP 4.4 roms. If you choose to use philz dont use the newest version 06.12.xx it works but need your zips need to have the latest script and binary (which most dont).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

what does this mean?

CANT DOWNGRADE WITH ODIN. You either need to odin the MK4 or flash a custom recovery (twrp) and use billards back to stock mc2 with counter reset which will downgrade you.