Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at HTC quietly brilliant screen

Tip us?
 
petehewy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Stuck at HTC quietly brilliant screen

So I did a system update for my phone on Friday and when it went to restart after the update it was stuck on the 'htc quietly brilliant'.
I don't how to get it booted successfully and have tried the recovery options in the menu except for the one that resets everything, just in case I am able to not lose much. I have read a lot about this and tried connecting by usb but it doesnt show up on my computer.
Is there any way to get the phone to boot?

In the recovery menu it says:
'failed to open loopdevice (No such file or directory)'

it says that 6 times then says
failed to mount /sdcard (No such or directory)

--i am trying this without my sd card inserted...

Anyways if any one can help let me know! Thanks
 
clsA
Old
#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 975
Posts: 3,634
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by petehewy View Post
So I did a system update for my phone on Friday and when it went to restart after the update it was stuck on the 'htc quietly brilliant'.
I don't how to get it booted successfully and have tried the recovery options in the menu except for the one that resets everything, just in case I am able to not lose much. I have read a lot about this and tried connecting by usb but it doesnt show up on my computer.
Is there any way to get the phone to boot?

In the recovery menu it says:
'failed to open loopdevice (No such file or directory)'

it says that 6 times then says
failed to mount /sdcard (No such or directory)

--i am trying this without my sd card inserted...

Anyways if any one can help let me know! Thanks
What SDcard ?
is your phone stock .. stock recovery / unrooted

you'll need to post more info on your device to get much help
like what's in the bootloader screen and the results from fastboot getvar all. what OS your PC is running .. etc
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
petehewy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
What SDcard ?
is your phone stock .. stock recovery / unrooted

you'll need to post more info on your device to get much help
like what's in the bootloader screen and the results from fastboot getvar all. what OS your PC is running .. etc
Bootloader screen says:

*** Locked ***
GOLFU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.28.0000
RADIO-1.06.98.13M2
eMMC-boot
May 17, 2012, 16:19:28

HBOOT



My PC is Windows 8.1.... phone is stock and has been unlocked a year and half ago to be used with my provider. Where can you see results from fastboot
What other info would help?
 
clsA
Old
#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 975
Posts: 3,634
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by petehewy View Post
Bootloader screen says:

*** Locked ***
GOLFU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.28.0000
RADIO-1.06.98.13M2
eMMC-boot
May 17, 2012, 16:19:28

HBOOT

My PC is Windows 8.1.... phone is stock and has been unlocked a year and half ago to be used with my provider. Where can you see results from fastboot
What other info would help?
Wow @nkk71 what do you make of this hboot ??

Windows 8.1 is going to be a problem .. do you have another PC you can work with ? If not you going to need a Ubuntu Live CD / USB to boot from and use fastboot commands.
I recommend ubuntu-13.10-desktop-i386.iso
Here >> http://www.ubuntu.com/start-download...release=latest
and there's a Guide here >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...ick-on-windows
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SaHiLzZ
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 1,724
Join Date: Jan 2011
GOLFU is a HTC Desire C.. wrong forum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nkk71
Old
#6  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,911
Posts: 5,878
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Wow @nkk71 what do you make of this hboot ??

Windows 8.1 is going to be a problem .. do you have another PC you can work with ? If not you going to need a Ubuntu Live CD / USB to boot from and use fastboot commands.
I recommend ubuntu-13.10-desktop-i386.iso
Here >> http://www.ubuntu.com/start-download...release=latest
and there's a Guide here >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...ick-on-windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
GOLFU is a HTC Desire C.. wrong forum.
As @SaHiLzZ said, doesnt belong here
 
clsA
Old
#7  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 975
Posts: 3,634
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
As @SaHiLzZ said, doesnt belong here
well that solves that ..lol
HTC One 32 GB AT&T


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes