FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

4.3 drain battery fast?

423 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By rayoubi, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 08:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My battery drains on stock 4.3 update.

How about u guys?
 
 
9th February 2014, 06:37 PM |#2  
gregsarg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,906
 
More
Yes....that's why I dumped Touchwiz and it's bloated garbage about 2 hours after running it...and have been using AOSP roms ever since...

Not just 4.3....but any touchwiz rom created for this device...g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 09:21 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
You could try Greenify and see if that helps. I think recall that the developer updated it so it doesn't even require root now. Just a thought.
2nd March 2014, 07:44 AM |#4  
rayoubi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg

Yes....that's why I dumped Touchwiz and it's bloated garbage about 2 hours after running it...and have been using AOSP roms ever since...

Not just 4.3....but any touchwiz rom created for this device...g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...

I dont understand, I never had any issues with 4.1.1. I used to last all day without a problem. Now I can barely last a day, I cant be the only one?

is this someone everyone is aware of?
2nd March 2014, 04:46 PM |#5  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,892
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi

I dont understand, I never had any issues with 4.1.1. I used to last all day without a problem. Now I can barely last a day, I cant be the only one?

is this someone everyone is aware of?

Yes, that's why there are a variety of ROMs in the DEV. Depending on your preference.

It is unfortunate that the manufacturers deploy crap, and the users have to fix/improve it.

Like gregsarg mentioned, AOSP ROMs are great, there are some good Touchwiz out if that trips your trigger.
SkyNote, MeanBean, Alliance. Read thru the features and you'll be happy you switched.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 05:31 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi

My battery drains on stock 4.3 update.

How about u guys?

Being that my phone is over a year old. I would think that the battery has diminished
a lil bit. So if you plan on keeping the phone invest in a zero lemon battery.
Go here»»» http://goo.gl/fXemLC




Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele

Yes, that's why there are a variety of ROMs in the DEV. Depending on your preference.

It is unfortunate that the manufacturers deploy crap, and the users have to fix/improve it.

Like gregsarg mentioned, AOSP ROMs are great, there are some good Touchwiz out if that trips your trigger.
SkyNote, MeanBean, Alliance. Read thru the features and you'll be happy you switched.

This^^^^^^:thumbup::thumbup:
True ASOP is better for battery life. But I just need to have everything working when I need IT!!!. That's why I stick to TW Rom's... and my Zero Lemon
Just my 2¢®

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 06:47 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
For what it's worth, most of the time when have unexplainable battery drain it can be resolved with a clearing of cache partition when booting to recovery. Might not help here but often works for me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th March 2014, 01:19 AM |#8  
gregsarg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,906
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomoDom

For what it's worth, most of the time when have unexplainable battery drain it can be resolved with a clearing of cache partition when booting to recovery. Might not help here but often works for me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Words of wisdom here...^^^^....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes