Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no service after root, trying to get my regular phone bacl

Tip us?

ViiRuZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] no service after root, trying to get my regular phone bacl

I'm pretty sure I made a rookie mistake and I'm facing the conscience. Last night I was need of rooting my phone (at&t galaxy note II i317) using Kongo Android to get superUS and everything was going fine, I still had all my stuff, service and everything, so I decided to add a custom ROM (cm-10.1.3-tOlteatt), wiped everything and I ended up in a bad situation, I forgot to back up my phone so I lost all of my contacts, lost my service provider so I have no signal, and can't download any apps because I don't have play store. . . If anyone knows to way to help solve this PLEASE HELP ME. . . all I want to do now is find a way to uninstall all this rooted stuff and go back to my regular functioning galaxy s note II

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE

Bajanman
Old
(Last edited by Bajanman; 28th February 2014 at 08:02 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,070

DONATE TO ME
Check here for help:thumbup::
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49616709
You can also look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41340941
And you should have used this for your rooting needs...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33854391
And from the sounds of it, you downloaded the wrong Rom for your phone! And it's always bad skiing stuff late when we're tired. That's when we run into problems. It's called late night flashing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViiRuZ View Post
I'm pretty sure I made a rookie mistake and I'm facing the conscience. Last night I was need of rooting my phone (at&t galaxy note II i317) using Kongo Android to get superUS and everything was going fine, I still had all my stuff, service and everything, so I decided to add a custom ROM (cm-10.1.3-tOlteatt), wiped everything and I ended up in a bad situation, I forgot to back up my phone so I lost all of my contacts, lost my service provider so I have no signal, and can't download any apps because I don't have play store. . . If anyone knows to way to help solve this PLEASE HELP ME. . . all I want to do now is find a way to uninstall all this rooted stuff and go back to my regular functioning galaxy s note II

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE
Let's turn the frown upside down..... How's it going ??
"Why Johnny Ringo.. You look like someone walked over your grave.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViiRuZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
Check here for help:thumbup::
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49616709
You can also look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41340941
And you should have used this for your rooting needs...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33854391
And from the sounds of it, you downloaded the wrong Rom for your phone! And it's always bad skiing stuff late when we're tired. That's when we run into problems. It's called late night flashing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the recommendation but I've previously tried the method, but my phone always failed to download (even when it wasnt rooted) would u have any other way of solving it without having to use odin. . . my phone is currently stuck in recovery mode so any help trying to get out of it would be helpful. .thank you for your time helping me solve my issue

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,678
Put the correct ROM on your external sd card with a PC adaptor. Install the card, boot into recovery, wipe system and data, then install the correct ROM. Boot, let rhe phone settle in for a few minutes, connect to wifi, or check if the correct ROM has the at&t APN settings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,310
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation but I've previously tried the method, but my phone always failed to download (even when it wasnt rooted) would u have any other way of solving it without having to use odin. . . my phone is currently stuck in recovery mode so any help trying to get out of it would be helpful. .thank you for your time helping me solve my issue
Ranger is correct, try doing what he suggested.

But not really understanding what you have tried from your post.....

Which method, and what does fail to download?

Do you mean fail to get into download mode, and you only can get into recovery?

Are you doing this to get to download mode?

Put your Note 2 in Download Mode

-First you will need to turn off your device.
-Once itís off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button.
-Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up.
-Once youíre there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.

Obviously you want to press the volume up. Now you are ready to ODIN flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViiRuZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain View Post
Put the correct ROM on your external sd card with a PC adaptor. Install the card, boot into recovery, wipe system and data, then install the correct ROM. Boot, let rhe phone settle in for a few minutes, connect to wifi, or check if the correct ROM has the at&t APN settings.
i will be sure to try this method whenever i get my hands on an SD card adaptor. What ROM would be best to download for the correct at&t APN settings? i would look but my past luck has been failure.

Thank you for your help

ViiRuZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Ranger is correct, try doing what he suggested.

But not really understanding what you have tried from your post.....

Which method, and what does fail to download?

Do you mean fail to get into download mode, and you only can get into recovery?

Are you doing this to get to download mode?

Put your Note 2 in Download Mode

-First you will need to turn off your device.
-Once itís off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button.
-Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up.
-Once youíre there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.

Obviously you want to press the volume up. Now you are ready to ODIN flash.
i would have tried ODIN for this situation but everytime i do. It says "FAILED" how would you suggest i fix this so that my phone can use ODIN. I was going from cyanogenMod to a custom ROM, but i assume i didnt flash the old ROM and now i kinda stuck in a bootloop like it'll show the samsung intro then show the customROM emblem stays there. I've left it in that state for a whole night and it didnt change (still showing the custom ROM emblem) the only thing i can do is enter TWRP v2.6.3.1 and access my external SD.

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,310
Quote:
i would have tried ODIN for this situation but everytime i do. It says "FAILED" how would you suggest i fix this so that my phone can use ODIN. I was going from cyanogenMod to a custom ROM, but i assume i didnt flash the old ROM and now i kinda stuck in a bootloop like it'll show the samsung intro then show the customROM emblem stays there. I've left it in that state for a whole night and it didnt change (still showing the custom ROM emblem) the only thing i can do is enter TWRP v2.6.3.1 and access my external SD.
I don't understand this ....... It says "FAILED" What is failing ?

What are you flashing?

ViiRuZ
Old
(Last edited by ViiRuZ; 3rd March 2014 at 12:49 AM.) Reason: Update on phone status
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
I don't understand this ....... It says "FAILED" What is failing ?

What are you flashing?
Sorry bout that. . just tried to connect my phone to ODIN in ODIN MODE. I'll update with what happened.

Just got done trying to flash with ODIN, and it got the part where it starts to install but 4 mins. in my device was removed. I was using the PDA from sammobile.com, and now my phone is saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." i know it might be as simple as actually doing what it says but Kies will not recognize my At&t samsung galaxy note II. What would u suggest to let my laptop recognize my device??