Galaxy Note stock/custom JB/ICS MODs- All at one place
Post #1- TW ICS Mods
Post #2- Tutorial
Post #3- TW JB Mods
It should be already mentioned in the respective threads but again, make sure to delete .odex file (if applicable) if you are installing any mode and always backup the stock app.
1. Themes, 15 toggles and transparent notification pull down (for odex 4.0.4)- here
2. Transparent AccuWeather Widget for all stock ICS roms - here or here
3. Multi DPI Touchwiz dialer (Contacts) for all ICS roms- here
4. Transparent Digital Clock Widget for all ICS roms -Download DigitalClock.apk (credits to PETKING) from bottom of this post and copy to system/app with proper permissions and delete its .odex file OR check here
5. Themes Dialer - Contact.apk in Blue for ICS (not working on XXLRQ) - here
6. Change your usb mode from MTP to mass storage ICS - here
8. No mms conversion of long sms and no contact limit (works on all 4.0.x roms) - here
9. Tablet mode (213 DPI) (tested on 4.0.4, just download systemui.apk and replace existing one (delete systemui.odex file and make sure to install custom launcher before doing it), change dpi to 213 and reboot) - here
10. Call recording mod for ICS (should work on all 4.0.x roms) - here
11. No ascending ringtone/noise suppression (should work on all roms) - here
14. Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more - here
15. No sms in call logs- Push logsprovider.apk from bottom of this post to system with proper permissions and delete itís .odex file from system/app. (Credits to Criskelo)- works on all 4.0.x roms.
16. Transparent Google search widget- Download GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from bottom of this post, push to system and change permissions. (Credit to concerned developer, donít know who ) -works on all 4.0.x roms (should also work on GB roms but not tested)
17. TouchWizUX from S3 - here (just check the TW launcher not the whole rom) direct link (credits to g.lewarne) or here
18. S Voice for Galaxy Note - here or check post #196 of same thread for another mode. 19. AwesomeBEATSv3 - here (read comments before trying) or here (just for fun)
20. Google Now on ICS Galaxy Note - here is the easiest way to get it.
22. SGS3 Apps/Live Wallpapers/Ringtones/Media for Note - here
23. Funny bootanimation for Note (just download bootanimation.zip and place it in system/media, no need to delete anything, delete this file if want to revert to stock BA)-here
24. [Galaxy S3] - Apps, Wallpapers, Media, Widgets, Font, Launcher - hereThis one is in ATT Note section but should work on N7000 too. I have just checked accuweather widget and it worked fine. I don't have cwmr so I did it manually and worked. Download accuweather .zip and extract it. copy AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk and AccuweatherWidget.apk to system/app, change permissions and reboot. Check if other mods are working and post in comments.
25. On Screen Soft key buttons on Stock Samsung Rom (I have checked and it works on Note TW roms)- here
(Open build.prop in text editor using root explorer and add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 at the bottom, save changes and reboot.)
26. Themed S3/LRQ launcher and digital clock with RED fonts byscamus- here
Just trying to use this reserved post for something. If someone has a better idea, then please let me know and I will add that to this post.
Info on replacing system apps manually using root explorer or for those who prefer to apply mods manually instead of cwmr-
(Note- If you think this is too easy, then below info is not for you , it is for the users who are still looking for it)
First of all, before replacing any system app, you should make a backup of the .apk and itís .odex file.
[I have saved all of the .apks and .odex files from /system/app on day one of rooting, no matter how many of them I will/can replace but just in case.]
Path for apps Non system Apps installed from Google play/SD should be in /data/app- these all can be removed. System apps should be in /system/apps
Apps safe to replace from system/app- It should be same as the apps which are safe to remove,
in addition you can replace following system apps for theming purpose, you may get some FCs but it will not soft brick the phone.
Phonesky.apk (Google play)
Stock launcher (name may be different) make sure to install another launcher before doing it.
Will add moreÖÖ.
Replacing apps using root explorer
(letís pick contacts.apk as example)-
Download and put the modified contacts.apk on SD, if it is inside .zip then extract it to .apk
Open root explorer and navigate to the downloaded contacts.apk, copy it and paste to /system/app folder
(/system/app folder should be mounted as R/W for replacing apps)
Replace if prompts, delete contacts.odex if you are on odex rom
Change permissions for file properly (long press and select permissions) and restart, you will be done.
If you are not sure about permissions then check below screenshot-
When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?