Just rooting disables some apps?

Search This thread

semantsen

Jul 22, 2012
I am all ready to root/flash custom roms ignoring knox counter for my note 3. I have read that just rooting the this device disables or breaks functions like screen mirroring etc. I have used previously Note 2 and S3 and rooted flashed them n number of times but never heard this.:confused:
If yes what are the other functions that may get disabled or broken? I like and use allshare (Samsung link) all the time. Does it also gets disabled?
Regards,

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Screen mirroring gets broken from custom kernel, not Root AFAIK, as for other things, well KNOX doesn't work that's about it.

Reactions: semantsen

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am all ready to root/flash custom roms ignoring knox counter for my note 3. I have read that just rooting the this device disables or breaks functions like screen mirroring etc. I have used previously Note 2 and S3 and rooted flashed them n number of times but never heard this.:confused:
If yes what are the other functions that may get disabled or broken? I like and use allshare (Samsung link) all the time. Does it also gets disabled?
Regards,

I think screen mirroring gets disabled pretty much when knox flag gets disabled (non-stock kernel/recovery mostly).

Just rooting should not disable that (unless maybe if you trigger knox), but might disable programs that check for root (like some banking apps) - but now there is an xposed module even for that :)

Reactions: semantsen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen mirroring gets broken from custom kernel, not Root AFAIK, as for other things, well KNOX doesn't work that's about it.
    Regards,

I think screen mirroring gets disabled pretty much when knox flag gets disabled (non-stock kernel/recovery mostly).

Just rooting should not disable that (unless maybe if you trigger knox), but might disable programs that check for root (like some banking apps) - but now there is an xposed module even for that :)