Custom rom doubt

Search This thread

Alepvn

Dec 4, 2013
Hi there,
I'm about to buy a phone and I have the Samsung galaxy note 3 for 350 € or the LG g2 for 400€
So,if I bought the LG and flashed a custom rom, would I lose any useful LG feature like the double tap to unlock the screen?

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
Hello,

No the knock on works on AOSP ROMS and LG based ROMS.
but you will lose other feauters like q slide, some fuctions in the main camera app. And other LG stuff to. Im running an AOSP Rom, some bugs here and there but overall good.
Good luck.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

geonahta

May 8, 2008
"Custom" as in aosp/pa/4.4.2 running on international d802? Sure, you will lose some lg functions and get some new ones.
"Custom" 4.2.2 roms? They add functionality from a different lg model (flex).
PS: that note 3 is a second hand one, right?

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
Hi there,
I'm about to buy a phone and I have the Samsung galaxy note 3 for 350 € or the LG g2 for 400€
So,if I bought the LG and flashed a custom rom, would I lose any useful LG feature like the double tap to unlock the screen?

Weird, in the UK the note 3 is about £200 more than the g2.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Alepvn

Dec 4, 2013
I know but I found an offer which give you the note 3 for 450€ but there is an offer on which is 100€ off

Alepvn

Dec 4, 2013
"Custom" as in aosp/pa/4.4.2 running on international d802? Sure, you will lose some lg functions and get some new ones.
"Custom" 4.2.2 roms? They add functionality from a different lg model (flex).
PS: that note 3 is a second hand one, right?

Yeah I suppose but the only feature I think is absolutely needed is the double tap to unlock the screen, would I lose that one?
Both are 1st hand

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Yeah I suppose but the only feature I think is absolutely needed is the double tap to unlock the screen, would I lose that one?
Both are 1st hand

As said.. Knock-on works fine. There's also the LG camera, IR remote, etc, in the Apps and Themes section.

Some other nonsense like q-apps, q-slide, etc are gone, but you can replace them with other things if you really liked them.

Reactions: Alepvn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That note is hella cheap

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Both are 1st hand

As said.. Knock-on works fine. There's also the LG camera, IR remote, etc, in the Apps and Themes section.

Some other nonsense like q-apps, q-slide, etc are gone, but you can replace them with other things if you really liked them.