Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird Noise in Maclaw 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?

haguilar91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Weird Noise in Maclaw 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

Hi,
I have a s3 mini, and i recently installed Cyanogenmod 11 from Maclaw (Works Awesome) the only thing i'm noting, is that when you update your twitter feed (Swipe from the top to update) Twitter usually makes a sound, but instead is making a weird electric buzz and also when i enable sound when i type on Swiftkey is still making that weird buzz, i removed the EQ app, but still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

etxeide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Know issue , turn off the sound of notification on Twitter app

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7

haguilar91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by etxeide View Post
Know issue , turn off the sound of notification on Twitter app

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7

Maclaw said is fixed biut i'm still having the weird noise even in the latest update from January 18 th

SkillHeadCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haguilar91 View Post
Maclaw said is fixed biut i'm still having the weird noise even in the latest update from January 18 th
and what update from today?

james.faction
Old
Thanks Meter 4
yeah I'm having the issue too. Happens on phone unlock and some other notifications. Doesn't matter how quiet I have the notifications volume.

There has been no update to Maclaw Carbon since 5 January... In fact there has been no update on the official Carbon website since 4 Jan

Oh wait... this is for CyanogenMod not Carbon. Funny, I'm getting the same issue with my Carbon ROM...

KingGehl
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Gues Carbon is on CM Sources by Maclaw, so same issues. Donīt think that @thehacka1 is going it to update it in next time...
But for me, everything works fine. No sound issue... Maybe iīm a lucky guy

lexihel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Maybe it is, I don't know, device especific? I mean, I have the same problem with twitter with both notifications and "refresh" sound, but in my case is random, however. I can refresh now and get the weird buzz, and refresh two hours later hearing nothing but Twitters original sounds. So maybe is something varying from device to device that causes the bug "always" in some releases, and sometimes or never in others.

KingGehl
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexihel View Post
Maybe it is, I don't know, device especific? I mean, I have the same problem with twitter with both notifications and "refresh" sound, but in my case is random, however. I can refresh now and get the weird buzz, and refresh two hours later hearing nothing but Twitters original sounds. So maybe is something varying from device to device that causes the bug "always" in some releases, and sometimes or never in others.
Did you try with a clean install? Canīt imagine this problem could be device specific

TDK91
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Scratching sound is also present while using Line app.

lexihel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGehl View Post
Did you try with a clean install? Canīt imagine this problem could be device specific
Now that you mention it and I recall, my latest clean install was CM 10.2... After that i've been just cleaning caches after any flash, no full wipes. I'll try a clean install later (tomorrow, here xD)