XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s note problem

Tip us?

Btoulidene
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] s note problem

While writing fast with the snote . It lags behind my hand movement and i can see the strokes i make catch up in a jerky way . Usimg other such writing apps is not a problem though . They are all smooth with my note 10.1 2014 edition . Is there a way out of this probldm ?? My model is sm p601 with version mj9 . . I really want my note 10.1 2014 edition to be perfect . Someone help me out . I am a tech noob
The Following User Says Thank You to Btoulidene For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yararli
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same here. I also look for a solution to use snote smooth as it is with lecture note

SM-P605 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
The Following User Says Thank You to yararli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

colint3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Default Box around notes

My problem with Snote is that when I click to start writing with the spen a blue box appears and all writing is done in that box. When it goes to the next line the blue box expands to include that line.
How can I get rid of the blue box.

Keradon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by colint3 View Post
My problem with Snote is that when I click to start writing with the spen a blue box appears and all writing is done in that box. When it goes to the next line the blue box expands to include that line.
How can I get rid of the blue box.
I would like to ask some questions, if that's okay with you? It's mostly so I know exactly how things appear on your end and to make it easier to answer your questions.

First, are you clicking the button as you are writing in SNote? Have you tried writing in SNote without clicking the button?

Does the blue box appear at the bottom or in the middle of the screen?

If it's possible, grab a screen shot and attach it.

Btoulidene
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Which firmware are you on. ?? I am using my script notes and it's super fast.. Best ever.. .. Any idea on when our devices ll get kitkat??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

colint3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keradon View Post
I would like to ask some questions, if that's okay with you? It's mostly so I know exactly how things appear on your end and to make it easier to answer your questions.

First, are you clicking the button as you are writing in SNote? Have you tried writing in SNote without clicking the button?

Does the blue box appear at the bottom or in the middle of the screen?

If it's possible, grab a screen shot and attach it.
Attached is a view of what I mean. I have the P605. I dont click the stylus button. But you can see the blue box around my typing if I put in another line the blue box expands. I wrote a lecture for half an hour and when I went to review it I could only see part of it. there should have been 2 pages but could only see one.
The blue box appears as soon as I touch the screen with the SPen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-03-14-05-41[1].jpg
Views:	104
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	2610279  
The Following User Says Thank You to colint3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Keradon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by colint3 View Post
Attached is a view of what I mean. I have the P605. I dont click the stylus button. But you can see the blue box around my typing if I put in another line the blue box expands. I wrote a lecture for half an hour and when I went to review it I could only see part of it. there should have been 2 pages but could only see one.
The blue box appears as soon as I touch the screen with the SPen.
Thank you for that screenshot! It was a very helpful thing.

That bluebox is for the text input mode, and it will show up pretty much automatically when S-note is in edit mode. When not in edit mode, as shown on the first attached screenshot from my Note 3 (since they essentially share the same S-note other than Templates...), you should see no blue box.

You WILL however, see a blue triangle at the bottom right and possibly the upper right. Try tapping that with your pen or finger. The end result should be the same as the second screenshot, a pop up window. You should be able to scroll and find the rest of your lecture that way.

...but yeah, that mode will end up treating that box as one continuous, yet scrollable page. It should keep everything, though.

Hopefully that helps, but if I was way off base, lemme know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tempFileForShare.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	2613527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2014-03-04-16-29-56.png
Views:	77
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	2613532  
The Following User Says Thank You to Keradon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Btoulidene
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Can you tell me a bit more about what your problem with s note actually is so that I can compare my problem with yours??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

colint3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keradon View Post
Thank you for that screenshot! It was a very helpful thing.

That bluebox is for the text input mode, and it will show up pretty much automatically when S-note is in edit mode. When not in edit mode, as shown on the first attached screenshot from my Note 3 (since they essentially share the same S-note other than Templates...), you should see no blue box.

You WILL however, see a blue triangle at the bottom right and possibly the upper right. Try tapping that with your pen or finger. The end result should be the same as the second screenshot, a pop up window. You should be able to scroll and find the rest of your lecture that way.

...but yeah, that mode will end up treating that box as one continuous, yet scrollable page. It should keep everything, though.

Hopefully that helps, but if I was way off base, lemme know.
That was exactly my problem. I have found the you CANNOT write for half an hour taking notes and expect the snote to move to another page when the first one gets full. That was how the note 8 snote worked and that is the one I prefer. I don't want to have to keep creating text boxes just so I can have separate pages. IMO the new snote has gone back to the stone age. I don't use it any more, gone to lecture notes.