Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help me please. I need to revert back to maps 6.14.4 on the galaxy note 3.

OP sajtbutt

30th September 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I just bought the phone and the first thing I did was to download the Google Maps 6.14.4 apk from the Internet. But when I try to install it. I get the message cannot install. I tried unintelligible updates but there is no option as there is in my Nexus 7 2012. I'm guessing that it's because Android 4.3 being a fresh install on the galaxy note 3 as well as Maps version 7. I drive for living and am completely dependent on the maps app. I tried version 7 but it doesn't allow me to use alternative routes in the middle of the journey. There must a way of installing the old version. I don't mind rooting my brand new phone. But I must get the old version installed. Kindly reply with some suggestions.
30th September 2013, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
ATT California USA
Thanks Meter: 126

1,806 posts
cant you get the old map for nexus 7 and install it on note3?
30th September 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,105

6,995 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajtbutt

I just bought the phone and the first thing I did was to download the Google Maps 6.14.4 apk from the Internet. But when I try to install it. I get the message cannot install. I tried unintelligible updates but there is no option as there is in my Nexus 7 2012. I'm guessing that it's because Android 4.3 being a fresh install on the galaxy note 3 as well as Maps version 7. I drive for living and am completely dependent on the maps app. I tried version 7 but it doesn't allow me to use alternative routes in the middle of the journey. There must a way of installing the old version. I don't mind rooting my brand new phone. But I must get the old version installed. Kindly reply with some suggestions.

If you drive for a living, I'd think you'd use something other than Maps for it. Sure, Google Navigator is okay in most respects but there are certainly better alternatives out there. Waze, CoPilot, TomTom, etc.
30th September 2013, 07:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
If I drive for living surely I would have tried them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

If you drive for a living, I'd think you'd use something other than Maps for it. Sure, Google Navigator is okay in most respects but there are certainly better alternatives out there. Waze, CoPilot, TomTom, etc.

None of those even compare to Google maps.
The Following User Says Thank You to sajtbutt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 86

554 posts
Quote:

I don't have a Note 3, so not sure what exactly is the problem you facing installing Maps 6.14.4. I uninstalled the new Maps 7 from my 4.3 Note 2 and was able to install 6.14.4 fine? Were you able to uninstall Maps 7 first from your Note 3?
30th September 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag cHARMcity,MD
Thanks Meter: 3,014

3,989 posts
More
10char
30th September 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 40

174 posts
Maps is a "system" app so you'll need root to do anything about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
30th September 2013, 08:51 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Cannot uninstall fresh install of maps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikar_NBK

I don't have a Note 3, so not sure what exactly is the problem you facing installing Maps 6.14.4. I uninstalled the new Maps 7 from my 4.3 Note 2 and was able to install 6.14.4 fine? Were you able to uninstall Maps 7 first from your Note 3?

I manage to uninstalling it on my Nexus 7 running Android 4.3. But Note 3 does not give me the option to do it. It's because it's a fresh install of 4.3 and Maps 7.2. You can only only uninstalling if you had a previous version installed. The only options I get are force stop and disable. I tried installing the older apk over the new one but it won't allow it. Thanks for the reply.
1st October 2013, 03:12 AM   |  #9  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,105

6,995 posts
More
Quote:

None of those even compare to Google maps.

True, they're all better
1st October 2013, 10:03 AM   |  #10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
I just realized that note 3 has this problem, even for non stock app, I have to uninstall the current one first then I can install the older version app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread