Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 51,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Privacy apps for 4.3

Tip us?

texass
Old
(Last edited by texass; 12th February 2014 at 10:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Privacy apps for 4.3

I updated to 4.3. I rooted through saferoot. I'm wondering if there's anything like Privacy blocker or X Privacy that I can use. Privacy Blocker doesn't seem to be in development any more. XPrivacy only works with a custom recovery(as far as I know with 4.3 I can't install a custom recovery?) I'm basically looking for anything that will feed fake data to apps. Anything like that out there?

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by texass View Post
I updated to 4.3. I rooted through saferoot. I'm wondering if there's anything like Privacy blocker or X Privacy that I can use. Privacy Blocker doesn't seem to be in development any more. XPrivacy only works with a custom recovery(as far as I know with 4.3 I can't install a custom recovery?) I'm basically looking for anything that will feed fake data to apps. Anything like that out there?
If you go to play store and search for "privacy app", you should see thousands...pick one with 4 or 5 start rating and you should be set!

texass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
If you go to play store and search for "privacy app", you should see thousands...pick one with 4 or 5 start rating and you should be set!
I guess I'll just wait..pdroid, privacy blocker and xprivacy are the ones I've found, that can spoof data apps request.