Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will T-Mobile LTE tablet work on ATT network?

Tip us?

wolfyx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Will T-Mobile LTE tablet work on ATT network?

Hi,

Can you please help me out with this question - will T-Mobile LTE Tablet work on ATT network (LTE).

I want to get the LTE version of the Galaxy note but I dont want to use T-Mobile network but would like to use a ATT network on it.

I was wondering if the tablet will get the LTE speed on ATT network?

Thank you.

Regards,
'Utrinque Paratus' ('Ready for Anything') ...

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
I'd tried it last night- the P607T is SIM-locked to a T-Mo SIM. I normally buy my tablets outright, but at 0% financing and $20/mo for 3GB 'til the end of the year, I went contract for this one. But the good news is in 90 days I can ask for my SIM unlock code (if I don't find a way to hack it beforehand ).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

wolfyx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
I'd tried it last night- the P607T is SIM-locked to a T-Mo SIM. I normally buy my tablets outright, but at 0% financing and $20/mo for 3GB 'til the end of the year, I went contract for this one. But the good news is in 90 days I can ask for my SIM unlock code (if I don't find a way to hack it beforehand ).
Hi, thanks for some clarification. But do you think it will work with AAT? do you see any issues with band thing.

and enjoy your tablet, I seriously want to buy it asap but just trying to figure out if I can get around this network issue.

Cheers

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfyx View Post
But do you think it will work with AT&T? Do you see any issues with band thing?
Oh, sorry- yeah, I'm nearly certain it will. T-Mo is 1700/2100 (AWS) and now 1900 in the markets they'd won from AT&T after the failed merger, and AT&T is 1900 and 850 (see here for details). T-Mo is on LTE Band 4, and AT&T is on Bands 2,4, and 17 (see here for details).

The SM-P607T is LTE on bands 1/2/4/5/7/17 and HSPA+/UMTS on 850/AWS/1900/2100MHz (see here for full specs), so I'm sure it'll work on any North American network at full speeds (SIM lock issue notwithstanding).

But I'm fairly unhappy with the T-Mo signals I'm getting in the San Francisco area when I'm outside the city; I have the hardest time keeping data going when I'm on CalTrain, whereas my OG Note 10.1 on AT&T only had an issue in the tunnels. I'm going to have to either flash a better(?) radio (I'm willing to give up LTE for better UMTS) or find a way to SIM unlock this baby ASAP so I can go on AT&T.
HTC First on Net10/AT&T

wolfyx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Oh, sorry- yeah, I'm nearly certain it will. T-Mo is 1700/2100 (AWS) and now 1900 in the markets they'd won from AT&T after the failed merger, and AT&T is 1900 and 850 (see here for details). T-Mo is on LTE Band 4, and AT&T is on Bands 2,4, and 17 (see here for details).

The SM-P607T is LTE on bands 1/2/4/5/7/17 and HSPA+/UMTS on 850/AWS/1900/2100MHz (see here for full specs), so I'm sure it'll work on any North American network at full speeds (SIM lock issue notwithstanding).

But I'm fairly unhappy with the T-Mo signals I'm getting in the San Francisco area when I'm outside the city; I have the hardest time keeping data going when I'm on CalTrain, whereas my OG Note 10.1 on AT&T only had an issue in the tunnels. I'm going to have to either flash a better(?) radio (I'm willing to give up LTE for better UMTS) or find a way to SIM unlock this baby ASAP so I can go on AT&T.
Thank you that helps alot. Next stop T-Mo shop

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfyx View Post
Next stop T-Mo shop
Do you already have a plan for removing the SIM Subsidy lock? I've heard that even with bought-outright tablets it's some work to get T-Mo to recognize that.
HTC First on Net10/AT&T

jpuma1616
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Verizon LTE Version

Quote:
Do you already have a plan for removing the SIM Subsidy lock? I've heard that even with bought-outright tablets it's some work to get T-Mo to recognize that.

Hello, I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Verizon LTE version and I'm using it now with a T-Mobile prepaid sim card, no sim lock on this version and I can get LTE or 4G signal on ATT and T-Mobile.

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuma1616 View Post
Hello, I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Verizon LTE version ...
Have you been able to (or know if you can) root it? I'd heard VZW is notorious for locking the bootloader and/or requring signed images.
HTC First on Net10/AT&T

jpuma1616
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Have you been able to (or know if you can) root it? I'd heard VZW is notorious for locking the bootloader and/or requring signed images.
I did not try to root it and have no plans to do so, I'm happy the way it is now, just want to let everybody knows that this version is SIM UNLOCK.

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
It's confirmed! I'd gone to Cellunlocker.net and SIM-unlocked my device (I'd previously tried IMEI-Unlocker.com, but they weren't able to do it), and tried a Net-10 SIM from my phone and was able to get LTE on AT&T .

I've got a real AT&T SIM at home that's currently in my OG Note 10.1, but I don't think that one's provisioned for LTE- in any case I'll post a Screenshot from the Network Status Monitor app in a few hrs.

I got a good deal on data from T-Mo (200MB free + 1GB free 'till 12/31/14 + $2GB for $20 = 3.2GB for $20/mo), but the signal just isn't there when I need it on my commute and an AT&T iPad data plan is just $30 for 3GB (and far more reliable for me).
HTC First on Net10/AT&T