XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot connect to cell network

Tip us?

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Cannot connect to cell network

Hi, I have problems to regiister on my carriers network. My Z Ultra can see all available networks but refuses to connect toany of them. I tried several different ROMS without success. I also took out the SIMcard and put it into an old phone (no smartphone) and with that it connected instamntly. My carrier told me to wait but Im reaklly fed up with waiting. Does anbybody have a clue what might be the issue here?

hassanmahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusaaa View Post
Hi, I have problems to regiister on my carriers network. My Z Ultra can see all available networks but refuses to connect toany of them. I tried several different ROMS without success. I also took out the SIMcard and put it into an old phone (no smartphone) and with that it connected instamntly. My carrier told me to wait but Im reaklly fed up with waiting. Does anbybody have a clue what might be the issue here?
Do you have an IMEI number?
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 7250i -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N95 8GB -> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alienware 18 with 2.80Ghz Intel i7 4900MQ -> Up to 4.0 Ghz with TurboBoost, TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 770m's with 3GB DDR5 RAM each, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 55" F6800 3D Smart LED TV with 120Hz Real Refresh Rate and 600 Clear Motion Rate.

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Have

I bought this phone recently and i beleive tthat the imei number is on one of the receipts. However could you perhaps tell me a way of finding IMEI without hazzle..? I scarefully start to grasp that this might be an IMEI issue of which i have no clues or experience. I+m fammiliar with adb and rooting though. What is your advice?

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5433
Quote:
I bought this phone recently and i beleive tthat the imei number is on one of the receipts. However could you perhaps tell me a way of finding IMEI without hazzle..? I scarefully start to grasp that this might be an IMEI issue of which i have no clues or experience. I+m fammiliar with adb and rooting though. What is your advice?
Open the dialer and enter *#06#. A new window with a bunch of numbers should pop up. If it says "0" or "0000", your IMEI is gone, and we'll take it from there.

Note: Do not post your IMEI here.

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question Code Zero

OK you are right i surely mesed something up because all i get from that code is a hole bunch of zeros. Would be happy for rfurther advive.

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Arrow yes

By the way, my platform is ubuntu. So I am familiar with some cli actions.

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5433
Quote:
OK you are right i surely mesed something up because all i get from that code is a hole bunch of zeros. Would be happy for rfurther advive.
I see, so i'm assuming that you've been on 290 and then downgraded to 257 or 532? If yes, that's why you've lost your IMEI. You can easily fix this by updating to 290 again, or flash NUT's 532 version in Flashtool.

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
I see, so i'm assuming that you've been on 290 and then downgraded to 257 or 532? If yes, that's why you've lost your IMEI. You can easily fix this by updating to 290 again, or flash NUT's 532 version in Flashtool.
NUTS 532 sounds interesting. Does it have support for init.d and so on?
Can i flash cwm to boot after? My aim is to become on latest stock but rooted. Why? Is because i purchased a sony original miracast device and i would like that to work...

Suggest?

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5433
Quote:
NUTS 532 sounds interesting. Does it have support for init.d and so on?
Can i flash cwm to boot after? My aim is to become on latest stock but rooted. Why? Is because i purchased a sony original miracast device and i would like that to work...

Suggest?
Yup, it supports init.d.

It has dual-recovery installed as default, so you can either flash that one and stay fully rooted on 532 (with IMEI), or you can jump straight to 290, but then you'll have to flash it in Flashtool (so you get the latest baseband), and you'll have to root it yourself and install recovery.

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Smile Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Yup, it supports init.d.

It has dual-recovery installed as default, so you can either flash that one and stay fully rooted on 532 (with IMEI), or you can jump straight to 290, but then you'll have to flash it in Flashtool (so you get the latest baseband), and you'll have to root it yourself and install recovery.
I beleive i messed it up while flasshing different roms and so son. But still my main goal right now is to be able to use ther miracast. Do you think it would work on the 532?