Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocking 'relocked' bootloader with hboot 1.55 and S-OFF

Tip us?

davey6693
Old
(Last edited by davey6693; 13th February 2014 at 03:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Unlocking 'relocked' bootloader with hboot 1.55 and S-OFF

Well, I'm usually able to dig myself out of messes I get myself into but this one has had me hunting a few hours. Here's the run-down.

1) S-OFF with 1.44 a while ago, rooted and unlocked bootloader
2) Got camera problem, would like to return phone to stock for warranty
3) Flashed a stock RUU, went fine. Stock recovery and bootloader work fine, hboot was upgraded to 1.55 (my mistake, should have noticed this)
4) Got sidetracked when trying to lock the bootloader and entered fastboot oem lock

So now I have a 're-locked' bootloader on 1.55 with S-OFF. I don't want to unlock through HTCDev, I can't use revone to unlock because I'm on 1.55, and I don't have a custom recovery, and can't flash one because I'm relocked.

Any ideas how I can unlock the bootloader here (or downgrade hboot, I have the zip but can't flash it)? I can probably handle the rest myself, after I smack myself over the head a few times.

The goal here is to have the bootloader 'LOCKED', and I'll then take my chances with S-ON, with the latest firmware but a downgraded (1.44) bootloader before handing it over for warranty purposes.

davey6693
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
OK, it looks as though I can patch hboot files OK. Will take a look around for a patched one.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Hboot 1.44 will unlock using revone. Make sure to be on 1.x.x based ROM right after

sent from my mobile device
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davey6693
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Hboot 1.44 will unlock using revone. Make sure to be on 1.x.x based ROM right after

sent from my mobile device
Sorted, thanks. Found an older ROM that flashed fine with supercid. Think I'll keep S-OFF and just lock the bootloader. With this being a likely hardware issue I'm hoping I'll be fine with just that.