Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Model: SPHL710
Android: 4.1.2
Basband: L710VPAMG2
Hardware: L710.14
Recovery Mode: Android System Recovery <3e>
Odin Mode:
- Custom Binary Download: Yes (5 Counts)
- Current Binary: Custom
- System Status: Custom
- Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

I've tried rooting this phone five times. Odin V.1.85 & 3.07 always states passed, the phone typically reboots with the red android guy and then restarts, but supersu/user never appears. I've tried downloading it from the play store, but it does not change access nor does it cause root checker to say phone is rooted. The methods in which I've tried to root the phone:

How To Root ANY Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2 & 4.1.1 from OfficialPhoneRebel on Youtube (Tried Twice)

Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 [NO BRAINER] How to root from iosanddroid411 (Tried Twice)

How To Root the Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) from rwilcos site (Did not install Kies)

I don't have any spectacular comp skills, nor do I want to do anything shady with my rootware, just extend my storage space for apps, add a recycle bin and adblock. I have rooted my last phone, but of course with instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
18th October 2013, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 12

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misre

Odin Mode:

I've tried rooting this phone five times. Odin V.1.85 & 3.07 always states passed, the phone typically reboots with the red android guy and then restarts, but supersu/user never appears. I've tried downloading it from the play store, but it does not change access nor does it cause root checker to say phone is rooted. The methods in which I've tried to root the phone:

How To Root ANY Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2 & 4.1.1 from OfficialPhoneRebel on Youtube (Tried Twice)

Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 [NO BRAINER] How to root from iosanddroid411 (Tried Twice)

How To Root the Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) from rwilcos site (Did not install Kies)

I don't have any spectacular comp skills, nor do I want to do anything shady with my rootware, just extend my storage space for apps, add a recycle bin and adblock. I have rooted my last phone, but of course with instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what i've read you can download SUPERSU from google as long as you are rooted... Just install it from the Play store.. Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to isaelperez81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2013, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,046

10,326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misre

Odin Mode:

Try the method from THIS THREAD.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2013, 07:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks for the help guys, I got it to go through. Now my games don't have to go unused, just sitting in the playstore. Thanks again for taking the time.
18th October 2013, 09:19 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,046

10,326 posts
More
Your welcome. Glad you are sorted

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 30