Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPHL710 by Boost) Root Help, Please

Tip us?

Misre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPHL710 by Boost) Root Help, Please

Model: SPHL710
Android: 4.1.2
Basband: L710VPAMG2
Hardware: L710.14
Recovery Mode: Android System Recovery <3e>
Odin Mode:
- Custom Binary Download: Yes (5 Counts)
- Current Binary: Custom
- System Status: Custom
- Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

I've tried rooting this phone five times. Odin V.1.85 & 3.07 always states passed, the phone typically reboots with the red android guy and then restarts, but supersu/user never appears. I've tried downloading it from the play store, but it does not change access nor does it cause root checker to say phone is rooted. The methods in which I've tried to root the phone:

How To Root ANY Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2 & 4.1.1 from OfficialPhoneRebel on Youtube (Tried Twice)

Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 [NO BRAINER] How to root from iosanddroid411 (Tried Twice)

How To Root the Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) from rwilcos site (Did not install Kies)

I don't have any spectacular comp skills, nor do I want to do anything shady with my rootware, just extend my storage space for apps, add a recycle bin and adblock. I have rooted my last phone, but of course with instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

isaelperez81
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misre View Post
Odin Mode:

I've tried rooting this phone five times. Odin V.1.85 & 3.07 always states passed, the phone typically reboots with the red android guy and then restarts, but supersu/user never appears. I've tried downloading it from the play store, but it does not change access nor does it cause root checker to say phone is rooted. The methods in which I've tried to root the phone:

How To Root ANY Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2 & 4.1.1 from OfficialPhoneRebel on Youtube (Tried Twice)

Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 [NO BRAINER] How to root from iosanddroid411 (Tried Twice)

How To Root the Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) from rwilcos site (Did not install Kies)

I don't have any spectacular comp skills, nor do I want to do anything shady with my rootware, just extend my storage space for apps, add a recycle bin and adblock. I have rooted my last phone, but of course with instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what i've read you can download SUPERSU from google as long as you are rooted... Just install it from the Play store.. Hope that helps
HTC EVO 4G LTE
Rom-4.13.651.4 Sense 5.0 Stock JELLY BEAN
FacePalm S-Off
HBoot- 2.10
Radio-1.13.11.1105
Kernel STOCK
Recovery TWRP 2.7.0.0b
PRI 3.02_003
PRL 25016
The Following User Says Thank You to isaelperez81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misre View Post
Odin Mode:

Try the method from THIS THREAD.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the help guys, I got it to go through. Now my games don't have to go unused, just sitting in the playstore. Thanks again for taking the time.

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6584
Your welcome. Glad you are sorted

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kalehua4791
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
your welcome. Glad you are sorted

team mik
mikroms since 3/13/11
this worked awesome on my daughters boost mobile gs3

k