[SOLVED] Overcoming revone error code -6 (full phone details....
I have done substantial searching on the question of overcoming revone failed error code -6 and have tried most of the troubleshooting steps (not all) without success.
However, a consistent trend I saw was the need to provide details about my specific situation, so I wanted to give that a shot before continuing to flail.
Below you'll find my Phone Details, Steps Taken, Steps Not Taken, and Known Potential Issues
If I provided more information than is needed, please forgive the over-thoroughness. If I'm missing something, please let me know.
2.24.401.8 CL235216 release-keys
3.4.10-g28df0d6 root@abm009 #1 SMP PREEMPT
HTC SDK API Level:
Tampered, Unlocked, S-ON (M7_UL_PVT SHIP S-ON RH, Fastboot
1.44.0000 June 21 2013, 20:19:45:-1
IMAGE CRC Output:
Steps Not Yet Taken
- HTC One Toolkit (-6 occurs at 4. Prepare Revone)
- CMD Entry via standard approach (adb shell, cd, chmod 755, etc.). This fails at ./revone -P
- Attempted chown root: root revone (I'm writing that from memory, I apologize if its is slightly wrong)
- Reverted from 4.3 to 4.2.2 via MaximusHD 11.0.0
- Drivers updated via HTC One Toolkit
- Yes, USB Debugging enabled, fast boot disabled
- Removed HTC Sync from computer about 20 minutes ago I just discovered I'm now getting Device Not Found errors in CMD after removing Sync. I thought I'd licked this problem, but apparently my success was tied to HTC Sync. However, everything written already was when device was found.
Known Potential Issues
- Downgraded to 1.24.*.10 and then upgraded to 1.24.*.12 - I'm not entirely clear how to do this.
- Attempted Rumrunner despite being 1.44 - I read a post where someone had been successful despite their HBOOT, but haven't done it yet.
- [Edit] Have downloaded M7 TWRP Nandroid Backup CID CWS__001 1.26.502.10.zip but not yet flashed. Assuming I even have that concept right, that you install this by flashing like I did the MaximusHD 11.0.0 ROM
- Some people have alluded that an OTA HBOOT release of T-Mobile contained an impenetrable block for revone
- Others have said error code -6 is just a known bug. I'm assuming that would mean I'm **** outta luck?
- In CMD, I've seen others with "shell@android", but I was getting "root@android"
- I attempted to run as su, but wasn't entirely clear on how to do that. I didn't get any error messages, so I'm assuming I did it correctly. I believe I performed it as "adb shell su" or perhaps I just did "su" after getting into the shell.