Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hangouts - Click on MMS pic, shows unrelated pic from way back

Tip us?

BBEgo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Default Hangouts - Click on MMS pic, shows unrelated pic from way back

This one is nuts.
Ok so my girlfriend switched to Hangouts because the stock messaging app would go to Gallery after viewing an MMS pic instead of going back to messages. Never did get that fixed.
But Hangouts is doing this weird thing where when she opens an MMS pic, it shows it for a second or two, and then switches to an old pic it's getting from some other place.

I uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, re-imported the messages into Hangouts, but nothing fixed it.
Does anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel like you need to ask for 'thanks' in the signature section of every post, you probably don't deserve it.

thesoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 155
I had this exact problem before. I'd tap on a new pic and it would instead show one from waaaay back. I thought it had something to do with restoring messages from Titanium Backup so I just deleted the old texts...never found a real fix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thesoldier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yearn2burn
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo View Post
This one is nuts.
Ok so my girlfriend switched to Hangouts because the stock messaging app would go to Gallery after viewing an MMS pic instead of going back to messages. Never did get that fixed.
But Hangouts is doing this weird thing where when she opens an MMS pic, it shows it for a second or two, and then switches to an old pic it's getting from some other place.

I uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, re-imported the messages into Hangouts, but nothing fixed it.
Does anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
Seems to be an under the radar bug. Always happens when a message contains more than one image. Then shows an earlier image instead. Not sure, but every time it seems to be an iPhone sender too. Maybe iPhone users just like to send more pictures!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk