Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

Hangouts - Click on MMS pic, shows unrelated pic from way back

13th February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 329

1,446 posts
This one is nuts.
Ok so my girlfriend switched to Hangouts because the stock messaging app would go to Gallery after viewing an MMS pic instead of going back to messages. Never did get that fixed.
But Hangouts is doing this weird thing where when she opens an MMS pic, it shows it for a second or two, and then switches to an old pic it's getting from some other place.

I uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, re-imported the messages into Hangouts, but nothing fixed it.
Does anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 175

872 posts
More
I had this exact problem before. I'd tap on a new pic and it would instead show one from waaaay back. I thought it had something to do with restoring messages from Titanium Backup so I just deleted the old texts...never found a real fix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thesoldier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 44

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo

This one is nuts.
Ok so my girlfriend switched to Hangouts because the stock messaging app would go to Gallery after viewing an MMS pic instead of going back to messages. Never did get that fixed.
But Hangouts is doing this weird thing where when she opens an MMS pic, it shows it for a second or two, and then switches to an old pic it's getting from some other place.

I uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, re-imported the messages into Hangouts, but nothing fixed it.
Does anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Seems to be an under the radar bug. Always happens when a message contains more than one image. Then shows an earlier image instead. Not sure, but every time it seems to be an iPhone sender too. Maybe iPhone users just like to send more pictures!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread