Post Reply

Small update E980

OP Nelimungous

9th January 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Software update to E98010P. Maybe not a big deal?



Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1389252610628.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	2503914  
9th January 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
It was a 67.71mb download I believe. Not sure what changed. Although it did upgrade gtalk to hangouts against my will. Pissed about that.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th January 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Can this be rooted ? Want to be sure before install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to chakdere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Would love to know what this did. I got the update on both of my phones. Please let me know what you find

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
9th January 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakdere

Can this be rooted ? Want to be sure before install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Tibu still works fine. I still have root.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th January 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #6  
KSoD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 110
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
It won't install if it detects root. At least not for me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to KSoD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #7  
Daved+'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Would anyone share a backup of this updated e980 rom? Thank you
9th January 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Here's the changelist:


Update summary

Effective January 8th, 2014, a software update for the LG Optimus G Pro (E980) will be available to AT&T customers. Customers will be able to update over the air via Wi-Fi.

Software update includes

Closed Captioning: Closed captioning option will appear in full screen mode for video files that are closed captioning supported.
Battery and Data icons in AT&T apps folder: You now have quick and easy access from your device home screen in the AT&T folder to manage data usage or optimize battery life.
Dual camera: You can take still photos using the front and rear camera at the same time.
Video pause and resume: You can pause and resume while recording a video.
Smart video: With eye detection, if you stop watching a video, the video will pause.
Home button LED: You can set the home button LED for "Favorite" contacts. Go to "Favorite" contact > Edit > Home Button LED.
Unused apps: You can set notifications for unused apps at: Settings > Apps > Menu key > Unused apps.

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/...rialId=1107330
The Following User Says Thank You to debugger919 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by debugger919

Here's the changelist:


Update summary

Effective January 8th, 2014, a software update for the LG Optimus G Pro (E980) will be available to AT&T customers. Customers will be able to update over the air via Wi-Fi.

Software update includes

Closed Captioning: Closed captioning option will appear in full screen mode for video files that are closed captioning supported.
Battery and Data icons in AT&T apps folder: You now have quick and easy access from your device home screen in the AT&T folder to manage data usage or optimize battery life.
Dual camera: You can take still photos using the front and rear camera at the same time.
Video pause and resume: You can pause and resume while recording a video.
Smart video: With eye detection, if you stop watching a video, the video will pause.
Home button LED: You can set the home button LED for "Favorite" contacts. Go to "Favorite" contact > Edit > Home Button LED.
Unused apps: You can set notifications for unused apps at: Settings > Apps > Menu key > Unused apps.

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/...rialId=1107330

I guess this is not the correct change log
I can do all this even with the E98010k version

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium HD app
9th January 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivebatu

I guess this is not the correct change log
I can do all this even with the E98010k version

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium HD app

Yea something is up...the software version is wrong on the support page.

To verify the updated software version, go to Settings > "General" tab > About phone > Software information. The following information will be displayed:

Android version: 4.1.2
Software Version: E98010n
Baseband version: APQ8064/MDM9x15M
Kernel version: 3.4.0
Build number: JZO54K

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Optimus G Pro General by ThreadRank