5,815,133 Members 38,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] May have bricked my N7 (deb)

Tip us?

jahames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] May have bricked my N7 (deb)

So, first, the moral of this story is don't do stuff like this at 2AM after a long day at work.

Tonight, I decided to root my N7 and mess around with a few different roms. Well, apparently I didn't read pages carefully enough because I am now the proud owner of a deb tablet with a flo bootloader on it. My fastboot screen reads:
PRODUCT NAME - deb
VARIANT - deb 32G
BOOTLOADER VERSION - FLO-04.02
BASEBAND VERSION - DEB-GOO_2.37.0_1024

I realized this when trying to install CM11, and got errors saying the package was for deb but device is flo.

I've tried to flash factory, but it still leaves me with the incorrect bootloader. FWIW, I'm doing this on a Mac, and won't have access to a PC for at least a few days. Any help would be really appreciated

StuMcBill
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahames View Post
So, first, the moral of this story is don't do stuff like this at 2AM after a long day at work.

Tonight, I decided to root my N7 and mess around with a few different roms. Well, apparently I didn't read pages carefully enough because I am now the proud owner of a deb tablet with a flo bootloader on it. My fastboot screen reads:
PRODUCT NAME - deb
VARIANT - deb 32G
BOOTLOADER VERSION - FLO-04.02
BASEBAND VERSION - DEB-GOO_2.37.0_1024

I realized this when trying to install CM11, and got errors saying the package was for deb but device is flo.

I've tried to flash factory, but it still leaves me with the incorrect bootloader. FWIW, I'm doing this on a Mac, and won't have access to a PC for at least a few days. Any help would be really appreciated
Have you just tried flashing the bootloader independently? Instead of flashing the full factory package?

On Mac the command will be ./fastboot flash bootloader <name of bootloader>.img

Hope this helps?

Stewart
HTC One M8 : ARHD 8.1
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32Gb : ParanoidAndroid & Stock 4.4.2 using MultiRom

jahames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
Have you just tried flashing the bootloader independently? Instead of flashing the full factory package?

On Mac the command will be ./fastboot flash bootloader <name of bootloader>.img

Hope this helps?

Stewart
Yeah...gave that a shot too. Flash works, but when I reboot, it still gives me the flo bootloader

StuMcBill
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Yeah...gave that a shot too. Flash works, but when I reboot, it still gives me the flo bootloader
Hmmm, weird! Are you totally sure you haven't downloaded the flo factory image by mistake? I know you will have checked already, but I can't really think of anything else?

Maybe try flashing an older bootloader version?
HTC One M8 : ARHD 8.1
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32Gb : ParanoidAndroid & Stock 4.4.2 using MultiRom

jahames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
Hmmm, weird! Are you totally sure you haven't downloaded the flo factory image by mistake? I know you will have checked already, but I can't really think of anything else?

Maybe try flashing an older bootloader version?
Was working with the 4.4.2 image. Going to give the 4.4 a shot now

jahames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Same thing with 4.4...still stuck with the flo bootloader

jahames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I was able to flash back to stock, but when trying to flash the CM11 deb image, I got the same error, saying that the package is for deb but this is a flo. Help please?

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Ok, I was able to flash back to stock, but when trying to flash the CM11 deb image, I got the same error, saying that the package is for deb but this is a flo. Help please?
You flashed a recovery for flo. Flash one for deb.

Edit:
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/deb
The Following User Says Thank You to meekrawb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jahames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Reasonably sure I had a deb recovery, but apparently redownloading and reflashing the CWM image did the trick. Thanks!

Redlugia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
if you ever have problems try nexus root toolkit. It works wonders if you ever severely mess up any nexus device.

Tags
bootloader, brick, deb