Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom install failed...

Tip us?
 
mr-unix
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Rom install failed...

I have this problem ,
I installed dual booting with MultiROM ubuntu_trusty v.22b ,
now I want to install Ubuntu 13:10 saucy with TWRP dual booting ,
but the file saucy - preinstalled - armel + grouper.zip me back this error:


I: Running cmd " dd if =" / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " of = " / realdata/media/0/multirom/roms/saucy-preinstalled-armel + g / boot.img " "
32768 +0 records in
32768 +0 records out
16777216 bytes ( 16.0MB ) copied , 0.742614 seconds , 21.5MB / s
Current boot sector was used as the basis for fake boot.img !
I: Running cmd "echo ' / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 ' > / tmp / mrom_fakebootpart "
I: Running cmd " mv " / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " ," / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " -orig "
I: Running cmd " ln- s" / realdata/media/0/multirom/roms/saucy-preinstalled-armel + g / boot.img " ," / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " "
Installing ' / tmp / mr_update.zip ' ...
Checking for MD5 files ...
I: Can not find file / tmp/mr_update.zip.md5
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 file found.
I: Zip does not Contain file_contexts SELinux file in Its root.
script aborted : assert failed: GetProp ( " ro.product.device " ) == " grouper " | | GetProp ( " ro.build.product " ) == " grouper "
assert failed: GetProp ( " ro.product.device " ) == " grouper " | | GetProp ( " ro.build.product " ) == " grouper "
E: Error executing binary in zip updater ' / tmp / mr_update.zip '
rm : can not remove ' META-INF/com/google/android ' : No such file or directory
Failed to install ZIP!

thanks
 
mdamaged
Old
(Last edited by mdamaged; 25th March 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
#2  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 905
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-unix View Post
I have this problem ,
I installed dual booting with MultiROM ubuntu_trusty v.22b ,
now I want to install Ubuntu 13:10 saucy with TWRP dual booting ,
but the file saucy - preinstalled - armel + grouper.zip me back this error:


I: Running cmd " dd if =" / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " of = " / realdata/media/0/multirom/roms/saucy-preinstalled-armel + g / boot.img " "
32768 +0 records in
32768 +0 records out
16777216 bytes ( 16.0MB ) copied , 0.742614 seconds , 21.5MB / s
Current boot sector was used as the basis for fake boot.img !
I: Running cmd "echo ' / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 ' > / tmp / mrom_fakebootpart "
I: Running cmd " mv " / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " ," / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " -orig "
I: Running cmd " ln- s" / realdata/media/0/multirom/roms/saucy-preinstalled-armel + g / boot.img " ," / dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " "
Installing ' / tmp / mr_update.zip ' ...
Checking for MD5 files ...
I: Can not find file / tmp/mr_update.zip.md5
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 file found.
I: Zip does not Contain file_contexts SELinux file in Its root.
script aborted : assert failed: GetProp ( " ro.product.device " ) == " grouper " | | GetProp ( " ro.build.product " ) == " grouper "
assert failed: GetProp ( " ro.product.device " ) == " grouper " | | GetProp ( " ro.build.product " ) == " grouper "
E: Error executing binary in zip updater ' / tmp / mr_update.zip '
rm : can not remove ' META-INF/com/google/android ' : No such file or directory
Failed to install ZIP!

thanks


It looks like you're trying to use a rom made for the Nexus 7 2012 WiFi (grouper/nakasi) instead of the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi (razor/flo).
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
mr-unix
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
thanks where can I find the files for Nexus 7 2013 (flo). ?
 
mdamaged
Old
#4  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 905
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-unix View Post
thanks where can I find the files for Nexus 7 2013 (flo). ?
From within MultiROM, it downloads them for you.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
mr-unix
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
have only trusty....
 
mdamaged
Old
#6  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 905
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-unix View Post
have only trusty....
Yup.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
mr-unix
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Yup?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
mdamaged
Old
#8  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 905
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-unix View Post
Yup?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Yup.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
mr-unix
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
I do not understad...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
mdamaged
Old
#10  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 905
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-unix View Post
I do not understad...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Trusty is the latest and greatest, saucy is old-news, besides there is no saucy for flo in the official repos, unless one wants to build it themselves.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more

Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more