Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with android-x86 on Asus T100

Tip us?

sarman_1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default help with android-x86 on Asus T100

I'm posting this here because i'm a complete noob on this forum and apparently can't post it to the actual thread without 10 points.
This is the thread i'm talking about http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500078
Anyway, after reading the whole thing i got my T100 to boot android-x86... YAY!
But i'm having problems with the graphics. The only difference i see between what i'm doing and the thread is that i have loaded the newer BIOS rev 220. I have two modes. If i boot into the bios by holding F2 on boot, this seems to lower the display resolution to 800x600. If i then boot to android i get something that looks like this.

On another note, if anyone from that thread finds this, i figured out how to boot to android with just one drive instead of two.
Short version is, make a second partition on your thumb drive about 300mb ext4. i used a gparted live image to shrink the existing partition and add this new ext4 partition. For me it was /dev/sde2
Next do the step you used to do on the second drive
dd if=android-x86.iso of=/dev/sde2 (be sure to use the correct partition in your case. parted -l should get you a list to guess from)
Thats it.

Thanks,
Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t100_android_screen_issue_small.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2490906  

Jhong2
Old
Thanks Meter 42
How are you going with this, any progress? I'm working on getting an all-working Ubuntu up and running.

Is the display being duplicated horizontally, but only if you boot via the BIOS boot menu?