5,599,616 Members 44,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Keyboard - Language change - icon or spacebar ?

Tip us?

iso.s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Keyboard - Language change - icon or spacebar ?

I have a Note 3 and suddenly out of nothing the keyboard changed template and instead changing languages by long pressing+sliding the space bar it now shows a globe icon wich must be pressed to select the language.

I have already messed with all possible settings in order to go back to the space bar method wich is much faster with no success.

I know it worked on the space bar way until a few days ago, and I see there was a Samsung Keyboard Update wich was installed.

Have someone here the same issue ? Anyone knows if it is possible to go back to the previous behavior ?

Thanks for any help on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-18 18.58.08.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	2334482  

mervinclement
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Me too having same problem

I actually got the swipe for different language. but all of a sudden the globe appeared. i seriously dont know what i did. tried resetting keyboard settings. nothing works. thebutton takes spaceand irritating while typing.

luckybun
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Same here, it working fine. but suddenly have globe icon and everything mess up... then few days lster, keyboard suddenly back to normal and everything is fine again. This happened couple times and each time it last few days. Anyone know why and how to solve this permanently? Thanks for your help. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

luckybun
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I think I know why... I found out this from other member:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwangjoony View Post
OK so I noticed that when I turn off the accessibility of my Pebble app (I have a Pebble watch) under settings, I can swipe the spacebar to change the input language but right when I turn on the accessibility of my Pebble app, I can no longer swipe the spacebar. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
it works for me. Hope this help

iso.s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up It worked for me too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybun View Post
I think I know why... I found out this from other member:

it works for me. Hope this help

Thank you luckybun.
It worked for me, only the accessibility setting was for FBQuickview (that works with the Galaxy Gear). I disabled it under the accessibility setting and the spacebar started working again as a language changer.

Iquis_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iso.s View Post
Thank you luckybun.
It worked for me, only the accessibility setting was for FBQuickview (that works with the Galaxy Gear). I disabled it under the accessibility setting and the spacebar started working again as a language changer.
I had the same problem with my Galaxy S4. I don't have any Pebble app.
I went to accessibility settings and I disabled Greenify Service for non rooted devices.

Hope it helps