FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

P6 everyday use - experience

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dejkoman, Junior Member on 25th February 2014, 07:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

I would like to kindly ask if anyone can give me some input on how this Huawei Ascen P6 is behaving in everyday use? I have an option to get it as my work phone and would really like to know if this is a stable phone, or does start to behave poorly as previous Huawei Honor started to, after some use.

I have an option to get Nokia 925, Glaxy S4 Mini, Xperia SP and Huawei P6.

Thanks for your opinions.

Best regards,
D

25th February 2014, 07:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejkoman

Hi!

I would like to kindly ask if anyone can give me some input on how this Huawei Ascen P6 is behaving in everyday use? I have an option to get it as my work phone and would really like to know if this is a stable phone, or does start to behave poorly as previous Huawei Honor started to, after some use.

I have an option to get Nokia 925, Glaxy S4 Mini, Xperia SP and Huawei P6.

Thanks for your opinions.

Best regards,
D

I have been using the ascend p6 for the past 2 3 months. I am using the stock emotion ui with very heavy modifications using xposed framework and also a custom launcher.

So far I am very impressed with its performance. Emotion ui is a very well made rom with really smooth and nice animations (i love eye candy ). I haven't noticed any lag on my phone yet. Battery life is not exceptional but not disappointing as well. I can go through the day with normal usage without having to recharge (My normal usage includes frequent phone calls, not much internet browsing but a lot of music playing). You can play all normal games quite well though games with extremely heavy graphic requirements might lag (I never play such games on a mobile). Sound quality is also pretty good and it comes with dolby digital enhancements. Using iphone earphones on the p6 gives amazing sound quality.
So far the only problem I have noticed is a slight heating up on the top part of the phone which i have heard may be resolved with the kitkat update.

When compared to the others, I would choose the huawei hands down. It has better specs, emui is an amazing rom and finally it is one damn beautiful phone.. exceptionally beautiful!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockaholic2350 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rockaholic2350 Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 10:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 578

More
It's very good, and the B125 update is very smooth.
Takes a day or two to settle down, then, very easy use, a pleasure to hold, screen very silky.
Only thing is you have to play with your battery life a little... Every night charge!

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Premium HD app
25th February 2014, 11:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Had the phone since August last year, with various stock roms and a few beta's, currently on B122, not upgrading again till the official KK one comes out. I liked it initially, but things are starting to annoy me now.

The back panel is very easily scratched/scuffed for one, not from dropping but just sitting on a desk, in empty pocket etc. I never have a cover on my phones but do stick on a screen protector mind you. Also the silver edging at the top is marked, again from being in an empty pocket, and just general use.

The little pin thats in the audio jack is a pain, had to hunt about for it countless times after wanting to plug my headphones in, now lost.

The audio sound is very very low, sometimes not even audible if surrounding noise is high. I have some beats in ear headphones that work perfectly with everything else, but not this.

the camera is garbage, takes too long to snap and the focus is terrible, on all varying settings. Been the same on every rom ive tested. At the moment with 2 young kids its pretty much joint top of my list of most important features.

Apart from the above the hardware seems to be fairly decent, I like the size and the feel of the phone, but just seems to be a bit lacking now.

Battery is ok, but feel its a constant fight to keep it lasting longer than a day. I like the profile settings software, so have it all turned off at night, which helps make it last longer, but if I use wifi or have the screen on watching videos etc it plummets rapidly.

Software is ok, few things they dont do as well as some others, but few they do.

Wife recently bought the moto g and if it wasn't for the fact its only 16gb with no expandable storage i'd be getting that (I have a lot of music on a sd card ). For the money its head and shoulders above this.

All in all its been a fairly decent phone, but one i'll look to be replacing soon. Probably for the same price or cheaper than I got his sim free.

I'm sure all of the above could be fixed by rooting, doing this, doing that, but to be honest I dont have time or patience to do all that, and shouldnt really have to.

Anyway, that's my thoughts, few some people might find it useful, sure some will be offended. hey ho.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markgranto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift markgranto Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 12:04 PM |#5  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Everyday use:

Phone(Talk/SMS):10/8
Media:
Make(Video record):10/5(Laggy,cheap sound quality ,cheap video quality)
Make(Photo):10/7
Music(After europian volume boost trick)10/7
Wathch(Video)10/10 not problem me.(Im try many video version(mov,mkv,etc)
Game:10/4 Very poor:first problem many,many game run laggyas hell..And many not supported.
Net:10/8.
Batttery:10/7(Heavy use 1.5 day)
EtcLike huawei services)10/8
25th February 2014, 12:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 651

More
From the choices you have, p6 is the best as an all rounder. The xperia sp might beat p6 over GPU, while Nokia 925 got LTE.

But you need to mention your phone usage habits and make sure your important needs fall within it. Everyone got different usage habits so their experiences cannot guarantee everything.
25th February 2014, 01:06 PM |#7  
Flag Jõhvi/Tartu, Estonia
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Phone calls & sms: 10/10 have not encountered any problems
Video recording: 7/10 Video has very washed out colours and there used to be glitches when Stabilizer was enabled on JB roms, on KitKat this problem seems to have been fixed. Sometimes unconsistant fps range, especially on JB roms, seems fixed on KK.
Photos: 8/10 The sony imx134 sensor is okay, altough it gets rather grainy at even ~400iso, the quality of the lens is also low. Auto wb works perfectly, focusing takes abit more time than other flagship devices. Most of these problems have to do with software & driver optimization.
Music: 5/10 Audio quality is not the greatest, the audio jack also has some problems with some plugs.
Watching video: 10/10 Obviously it cant play 4K (interestingly enough, the 4K plays at the same tempo as on the snapdragon 600 phones), but 1080p and 720p run absolutely fine, havent had any problems
Gaming: 4/10 Not good, phone tends give off alot of heat and causes throttling
Internet surfing: 10/10 on JB, 6/10 on KK The problem with browsing in KK is not really device specific, the Chrome engine it uses instead of webkit just is slow and laggy on every phone. Dolphin Browser uses a modified webkit engine(like on JB) which runs well on KK and it also has support for flash which is not supported in KK by Chrome.
Battery: 7/10 The battery varies alot, I remember having the phone on 20% of battery in the end of the day, nowadays I end the day with 60%, could be the KK rom but I am not sure about it. Or could also be because the weather here has gone warmer
Emotion UI: 1/10 Horrible, it runs like crap even on their own devices compared to AOSP ui, huge lack of dark themes. Just an unpleasant eyekiller in the dark because everything is lightgrey and lightblue. You would also expect to have 60fps animations for simple thing like for example pulling down the notification center and scrolling through the settings menu, even phones with quite abit weaker hardware, but better optimization, manage to keep this at 60fps!

Basically most of the issues have to do with the optimization of the GPU
The Following User Says Thank You to tauio111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tauio111 Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 02:27 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2,430

More
It runs stable, but for a work phone the S4 Mini will most likely work better.
25th February 2014, 08:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
The camera quality in the right lighting is better than a Sony Z1 !!! I compared the exact same photos taken by my P6 and my friends Z1. I could not beleve it !
26th February 2014, 05:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
If youll mainly use p6 for work, its the perfect fit. Fast and stable. I use mine for daily emails, web browsing etc.. Well what really sealed the deal is its beauty. Would choose p6 over any other phone for its design alone.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to skyp6user For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skyp6user Ad-Free
27th February 2014, 05:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyp6user

If youll mainly use p6 for work, its the perfect fit. Fast and stable. I use mine for daily emails, web browsing etc.. Well what really sealed the deal is its beauty. Would choose p6 over any other phone for its design alone.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

amen to that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)