Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I get rid of the system update notification on my Sprint G2?

Tip us?

Corylsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How do I get rid of the system update notification on my Sprint G2?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

T_money_third
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well for me over on T-Mobile I either uninstall the update centre apk with titanium backup or flash a custom stock rom. But only problem is that say if something goes wrong example if you uninstall system keyboard and get forced to do a reset. On booting up you won't have the keyboard and might be in a jam especially when you need 1 to enter wifi password and mobile apn lol my t mobile g2 got an error and even tho I flashed back to stock the keyboard and a Lotta stuff I deleted are still not there and the phone senses it as an error and reboots after every 20 seconds upon booting okai good luck.

freebee269
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_money_third View Post
Well for me over on T-Mobile I either uninstall the update centre apk with titanium backup or flash a custom stock rom. But only problem is that say if something goes wrong example if you uninstall system keyboard and get forced to do a reset. On booting up you won't have the keyboard and might be in a jam especially when you need 1 to enter wifi password and mobile apn lol my t mobile g2 got an error and even tho I flashed back to stock the keyboard and a Lotta stuff I deleted are still not there and the phone senses it as an error and reboots after every 20 seconds upon booting okai good luck.
if you are able to flash roms then make sure you do a full wipe which is system/dalvik/cache/data. then install the rom. this should give you everything you have with stock including your keyboard.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

justinswidebody
Old
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
Or you can just long press the notification go to app info and uncheck the show notification box

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app