Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][4.4][CM11]Sence lockscreen theme

Tip us?

DarkStryder
Old
(Last edited by DarkStryder; 26th January 2014 at 10:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1620

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD][4.4][CM11]Sence lockscreen theme

Hi guys I thought I would share this bit of work ive done, hope u like and enjoy it
I took a good while to do this.

Tested on: official Cm11, Sensonic HD Rom......

Screenshots:

Download link: d-h.st/Mv0

Instalation process:

1- Boot cwm
2- wipe /dalvik & /cache
3- flash my .zip
4- boot and enjoy

Dont forget the thanks button!!
Sonic Developers: http://sonic-developers.com

Check out the general chat thread for tab 2 community: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522599
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DarkStryder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkStryder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1620

DONATE TO ME
Reserved!

Sent from my MT11i

Check out the general chat thread for tab 2 community: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522599

fooiskandar
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Reserved! ...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry for my bad english ... Don't forget to HIT THANKS button !!!

Markox89
Old
Thanks Meter 3385

DONATE TO ME
@DarkStryder I've struggling for some days, trying to adapt good old vrtheme script to CM 11.
I saw yours and I miss something: I had to rewrite most of the code, and the first thing that gave me error was setting permissions to 755 to the scripts extracted on /sdcard.
How you succeded in that? A specific update-binary, different from CM's? A different recovery?
I worked a lot to make the whole thing work again, so I'm very interested in how you left everything as it used to be and still made it work
My Devices and my Builds:

These threads are full of awesome users: please, use them, I won't give support through PMs

Quote:
Brunch: It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with mka bacon at the end!, Jenkins

Tsjoklat
Old
Thanks Meter 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markox89 View Post
@DarkStryder I've struggling for some days, trying to adapt good old vrtheme script to CM 11.
I saw yours and I miss something: I had to rewrite most of the code, and the first thing that gave me error was setting permissions to 755 to the scripts extracted on /sdcard.
How you succeded in that? A specific update-binary, different from CM's? A different recovery?
I worked a lot to make the whole thing work again, so I'm very interested in how you left everything as it used to be and still made it work
Take a look at the modifications to the vrtheme script Ive made on the Dark Holo Theme thread here. CM11 now enforces selinux which requires specific "set_metadata" commands in the updater-script. The "set_metadata" command not only sets the file permissions, but it also sets the selinux labels. This new "set_metadata" command replaces the previous "set_perm" command and requires a new version of ClockWorkMod to support it. Make sure you are using CWM 6.0.4.7 or newer to support selinux file permissions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Markox89
Old
Thanks Meter 3385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsjoklat View Post
Take a look at the modifications to the vrtheme script Ive made on the Dark Holo Theme thread here. CM11 now enforces selinux which requires specific "set_metadata" commands in the updater-script. The "set_metadata" command not only sets the file permissions, but it also sets the selinux labels. This new "set_metadata" command replaces the previous "set_perm" command and requires a new version of ClockWorkMod to support it. Make sure you are using CWM 6.0.4.7 or newer to support selinux file permissions.
Thank you, learning new things is always awesome!
In my ignorance I just rebased the whole script in another partition, where set_perm is still allowed
But, again: good to know!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

These threads are full of awesome users: please, use them, I won't give support through PMs

Quote:
Brunch: It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with mka bacon at the end!, Jenkins

Tsjoklat
Old
Thanks Meter 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markox89 View Post
Thank you, learning new things is always awesome!
In my ignorance I just rebased the whole script in another partition, where set_perm is still allowed
But, again: good to know!

The set_perm command is still allowed with the new versions of CWM. It is for backwards compatibility of the older scripts. Also, sometimes set_perm is still needed when you want to set permissions of a file on a fat32 sdcard that does not support selinux labels. Selinux requires ext3 or ext4 file systems for the labeling, but you have a sdcard that usually formatted as fat32 by default.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Markox89
Old
Thanks Meter 3385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsjoklat View Post
The set_perm command is still allowed with the new versions of CWM. It is for backwards compatibility of the older scripts. Also, sometimes set_perm is still needed when you want to set permissions of a file on a fat32 sdcard that does not support selinux labels. Selinux requires ext3 or ext4 file systems for the labeling, but you have a sdcard that usually formatted as fat32 by default.
Oh, so the file system is the problem! That's why it works everywhere but on sdcards
Thank you very much!

Quote:

DarkStryder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1620

DONATE TO ME

Sent from my MT11i

budi78
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default nice mod

thx