Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G H+

Tip us?

kennypow3rs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 743
Default Moto G H+

Hello

I grabbed the moto g from play store as a backup device for travel etc. I have a few questions. I thought this device had H+? It only shows 3g and 2g? I'm on att and I know they have h+. Why didn't google include a h+ indicator? Thanks

sihag
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Its there. Check your network or the network settings. Here you go with the H+ icon present on my Moto G.

The Following User Says Thank You to sihag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kennypow3rs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 743
Mine doesn't show h+ though are you rooted?

debaj
Old
(Last edited by debaj; 13th February 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypow3rs View Post
Hello

I grabbed the moto g from play store as a backup device for travel etc. I have a few questions. I thought this device had H+? It only shows 3g and 2g? I'm on att and I know they have h+. Why didn't google include a h+ indicator? Thanks
AFAIK the US versions of the Moto G show only 3G even if they are using HSDPA+ connection. It is only cosmetic issue, however if you search the themes/apps section there should be some workaround without flashing non-US ROMs.

EDIT: Here you are: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600654 You will need root to use this, and I am not sure if its compatible with GPE.
The Following User Says Thank You to debaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kennypow3rs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 743
Thanks guys! It does show h+ under settings but no icon. You're right cosmetic issue.

Bizdady
Old
Thanks Meter 582
The GPE edition wont handle HSPA+ unless you are in a refarmed Tmobile area.
"mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"

HTC Evo 4G/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S3/Samsung Galaxy Note II
Kindle Fire/Asus Transformer Prime/Nexus 7

Twitter @bizdady
Google + Bizdady
The Following User Says Thank You to Bizdady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kennypow3rs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdady View Post
The GPE edition wont handle HSPA+ unless you are in a refarmed Tmobile area.
I'm on att and hspa+ is every where. Online it also states it supports att h+ 2100 band and T-Mobile uses the 1900.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Bizdady
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypow3rs View Post
I'm on att and hspa+ is every where. Online it also states it supports att h+ 2100 band and T-Mobile uses the 1900.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Ya I wanted the gpe but I went with T-Mobile. Think I'm do that mod to show the H+ in status bar.
"mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"

HTC Evo 4G/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S3/Samsung Galaxy Note II
Kindle Fire/Asus Transformer Prime/Nexus 7

Twitter @bizdady
Google + Bizdady
The Following User Says Thank You to Bizdady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tclaw
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have international version moto g on stock said 3g but it hspa+ speeds then changed to ROM says HSpa said only 2g on T-Mobile but I get HSpa+ live in reframed area for T-Mobile hspa faster on T-Mobile I only got 3-5 down 1 up on att I get 10 down and 5 up on tmobile

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Said on amazon only 2g speed but if you live reframed area you hspa+

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app