No registration required

[Q] [New Idea] A play and chat space for friends

OP cubewalker

18th February 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 15

209 posts
I just got a new idea. Currently Instant messengers only allow chatting and most games do not provide a real time chat experience with friends. The idea is like msn games where you can chat and play with your friends at the same time. It can be a mobile app space where you can play games, chat and kill spare times. Do you think this idea can be changed to a mobile app?

27th February 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubewalker

*snip* Do you think this idea can be changed to a mobile app?

Games and IM on the same screen would probably not work on mobile devices. It works on PC because you have so much better control with a mouse than thick sausage fingers. Of course, the screen is also much bigger.

It's also important to differentiate between playing while you're chatting and chatting while you're playing. In the case of MSN, you are playing while you're chatting. Don't bring this kind of chat system into your games, but consider integrating small games into your chat client.
The Following User Says Thank You to thepimms For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepimms

Games and IM on the same screen would probably not work on mobile devices. It works on PC because you have so much better control with a mouse than thick sausage fingers. Of course, the screen is also much bigger.

It's also important to differentiate between playing while you're chatting and chatting while you're playing. In the case of MSN, you are playing while you're chatting. Don't bring this kind of chat system into your games, but consider integrating small games into your chat client.

A multi-player games network for friends rather than an IM which can play game. More emphasise on games rather than on IM?
17th March 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

209 posts
Lightbulb
I have created a demo video for my idea. Look good?

Are you interested in the mobile app?

20th March 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Sounds like fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepimms

I like this idea. Surpised it hasn't been integrated into facebook messenger or snapchat.
24th March 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

209 posts
That's not easy to do so. Integrate with games will make snapchat / fb messenger lose their original focuses.
25th March 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubewalker

I have created a demo video for my idea. Look good?

Are you interested in the mobile app?

for your work, nice idea, but this should look much difrent

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mobile apps
Previous Thread Next Thread