Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7.0) RAM

OP drivel2787

11th October 2013, 06:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

368 posts
More
I'm asking this question for a friend that has this tablet:

Does anyone know if there's anyway to improve the RAM of the Tab 3 (7.0). Since this is a Linux type kernel can you do swap space like a normal Linux OS or is there something that can be done? I have already rooted the device for him and froze/deleted all the bloatware apps. He is attempting to play Shadowrun returns which requires 1 GB of ram to function properly. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. He is looking for something to do to prevent having to buy another tablet.
11th October 2013, 09:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fountain Hills, AZ
Thanks Meter: 24

246 posts
More
Two I use
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivel2787

Does anyone know if there's anyway to improve the RAM of the Tab 3 (7.0). Since this is a Linux type kernel can you do swap space like a normal Linux OS or is there something that can be done? I have already rooted the device for him and froze/deleted all the bloatware apps. He is attempting to play Shadowrun returns which requires 1 GB of ram to function properly. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. He is looking for something to do to prevent having to buy another tablet.

Along those lines I use two Apps.

SD Booster:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dbooster&hl=en

and Overclock Booster:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...verclock&hl=en

I have yet to play a game I can not play.
12th October 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 76

551 posts
Quote:

Not especially the pc version of that game is better anyway. There is swap2sd and other things to help but the cpu in the 7 inch tab 3 is going to limit how much you can help him.
12th October 2013, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrin

Not especially the pc version of that game is better anyway. There is swap2sd and other things to help but the cpu in the 7 inch tab 3 is going to limit how much you can help him.

Yeah that's pretty much what I thought. Told him to go swap it out for the new Asus Nexus Tablet which has 2 gig of ram or a similar model. He went and traded it in last night. Appreciate everyones help.
The Following User Says Thank You to drivel2787 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 76

551 posts
Quote:

Yeah that's pretty much what I thought. Told him to go swap it out for the new Asus Nexus Tablet which has 2 gig of ram or a similar model. He went and traded it in last night. Appreciate everyones help.

Yeah I wish I would have looked around before buying mine I would have picked up the Asus memo 7 inch for 50 less.
16th February 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag Rapid City
Thanks Meter: 9

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaylorr

Along those lines I use two Apps.

SD Booster:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dbooster&hl=en

and Overclock Booster:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...verclock&hl=en

I have yet to play a game I can not play.

What do you put the over clock to? I can't find a happy medium (speed and safe temp)

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread