Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About unlock the bootloader.

Tip us?

monkey1860
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] About unlock the bootloader.

hi guys .I have a V500,and I had flashed the TWRP on my device. And then I flashed a custom rom such as cm11. But ,in my opinion ,many phones flash roms must unlock the bootloader first . and then flash the recovery etc. But why our v500 don't have to unlcok the bootloader ?
Does LG provide the offical bootloader unlock service? Thanks.

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey1860 View Post
hi guys .I have a V500,and I had flashed the TWRP on my device. And then I flashed a custom rom such as cm11. But ,in my opinion ,many phones flash roms must unlock the bootloader first . and then flash the recovery etc. But why our v500 don't have to unlcok the bootloader ?
Does LG provide the offical bootloader unlock service? Thanks.
Lg make their devices with locked bootloaders in contrary to asus nexus for example who allow you very easily to unlock the bootloader. Developers use a hack named loki to bypass the bootloader and allow us to flash custom roms and recoveries. Thats why you see a message if you re on a custom rom everytime you open your tablet, it means that loki is working fine at that moment. If we had unlocked bootloaders we wouldnt see that message as there would be no need for loki.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katsika For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monkey1860
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika View Post
Lg make their devices with locked bootloaders in contrary to asus nexus for example who allow you very easily to unlock the bootloader. Developers use a hack named loki to bypass the bootloader and allow us to flash custom roms and recoveries. Thats why you see a message if you re on a custom rom everytime you open your tablet, it means that loki is working fine at that moment. If we had unlocked bootloaders we wouldnt see that message as there would be no need for loki.
Oh,I see. Thank you very much.