OP McHan

13th February 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0

94 posts
More
Hi,

So I switched batteries in my S4 (Android 4.3) and for some reason the phone now boots in "Safe Mode". All of my downloaded apps are unavailable to me and I can't get it to start up normally. I have tried taking out the battery for a while, rebooting with the volume down button pressed in and various combinations of this, which is what I have found in the suggestions on the Net, but to no avail. I'm getting pretty desperate here as there are a number of apps that I use in work which are now unavailable.

Does anyone know what I should do to get back to normal???

Grateful for any help/M
13th February 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 815

2,509 posts
More
this is little thought:

case 1: if you don't have any important data
1. flash recovery like phliz or TWRP , make full Nandroid backup.
2. wipe system, data and cache/dalvik, flash any ROM out of there in Dev section, or stock if you want.
3. done , enjoy your phone again.

case 2: if you do have important data

way 1: 1,2,3 are same as above
4-1: use TB to extract important apps/data from Nandroid backup (I'm not sure if you can fully recover all your datas, but i think it should...)

way 2: or, check out in "about phone" and find your current firmware , and then download from sammobile the same firmware you currently have on your phone and then odin flash in, if your problem is caused by some error in the system , this should fix it , but i am not sure ...

---------------------------

REMEMBER, in both cases , you will LOSE your warranty (as flash recovery or firmware will trigger KNOX) ! , think clearly before you do it . and most important of all , make a Nandroid backup , that will, at least, restore back to your current situation instead of lose anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread