5,595,196 Members 46,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Dec 31][APP][COLLECTION][FREE] The Boot Box Project - Your Boot Animations Database.

Tip us?

overhauling
Old
(Last edited by overhauling; 6th January 2014 at 03:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Default [Dec 31][APP][COLLECTION][FREE] The Boot Box Project - Your Boot Animations Database.

The Boot Box Project is a community project that aims to produce a large database of easily accessible Boot Animations. What makes the Boot Box Project powerful is your ability to contribute, users may submit their boot animations directly from the Boot Box app (beta version 2.0 required).

Boot Box started as an attempt to put all of my work, free of charge, in an app - eventually it expanded towards the community and now everyone is allowed to submit their work. Boot Box is a must have for anyone who loves to customize their phone.

Acknowledgements - Special thanks to @ProfessorHipster for creating the Boot Box icon and to XDA Developer @D4rKn3sSyS for the local boot previewing implementation. Contributors List is Incomplete

Contribute (the uploader) - You may upload boot animations to Boot Box directly from the Boot Box App (v2.0 required). If you follow threads that take in requests, such as this one: [Team GFX Bandits] ▆ ▇ ▉ Bootanimation Hub™ ▉ ▇ ▆ , [May 19][NEXUS 4 BOOTANIMATIONS BIBLE] , or [BOOTANIMATIONS LINKS/INFO] [TUTORIAL] Galaxy Nexus Custom Boot Animations [31.03.13] you may post animations made for you (or by you) to Boot Box.

Feedback and/or suggestions can be send to ssgutierrez42@gmail.com.

Some features of the Boot Box App:

• Dynamic Database. Animations are fetched and updated dynamically from a database on the Boot Box server.
  • Categories: show/hide certain animation categories*
  • Upload your boot animations directly from the Boot Box app.
    The built-in Boot Box Uploader creates the required resources for you, including the GIF Preview.
  • Scrambler: allows you to play a different boot animation at every boot.
  • Boot Box Factory: create your own boot animations straight from Boot Box based on a static image or on a set of images.
  • Animations can be previewed via a YouTube video (if the uploader provides a link), via a GIF preview, or via a ZIP preview (the animation is downloaded and played in a simulated environment).
  • Animations have a thumbnail that gives you a small idea of the animation before previewing it.
  • Local Boot Animation ZIP previewing, installing, and GIF creation (thanks to XDA Developer D4rKn3sSyS).
  • Flexible boot animation and cache locations for different devices.

New Boot Box update (v2.0)

NEW! Upload your boot animations straight from the Boot Box app.

[Dec 31] Changelog (v2.0)
  • All new uploader, you may now upload your boot animations to Boot Box, from Boot Box (BETA, please test). The uploader crops the animation thumbnail for you and the uploader creates the GIF preview for you.
  • HUGE database overhaul. Completely changed server handling. Entire new database with new methods. Older versions of Boot Box are no longer supported.
  • Categories! hide/show certain categories.
  • New Setup Wizard on first run*
  • Fixed all cropping issues (CropLibrary)
  • Replaced Contributors List with Latest Additions
  • Improved SharedPreferences Handling
  • Added a few warning messages
  • Removed the ability to change the Boot Box Icon
  • Boot Box now accepts BitCoin donations
  • Other UI goodies and small bug fixes that I can't remember.

The Boot Box Project App [V2.2]

Boot Box PlayStore Link (FREE): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overhaulingmod.bootbox

Support Notes

Boot Box currently supports the following five resolutions: 768x1280, 720x1280, 800x1280, 480x800, 1080x1920. If your device's resolution isn't listed, install and use Boot Box at your own discretion (I wouldn't like to hear about a 320x240 phone "exploding," or refusing to boot, after loading an animation with 1080x1920 assets, please!).

Gingerbread support is currently limited.

More Information on the Boot Box Project:
G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...63140312269110
XDA Forums: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292936
XDA Nexus 4 home: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2085023

Thank you for your contributions and support. Enjoy Boot Box!

The Boot Box Project - Boot Animations: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41827858
Device specific Boot Box threads: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to overhauling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3005

DONATE TO ME
first
The Following User Says Thank You to the1dynasty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tobybitch
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can't wait for the twrp themes
The Following User Says Thank You to Tobybitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamelton
Old
Thanks Meter 294
this is a very promising app project.. thx for the work..

for the animation database part, currently it only shows 10 animations and i have to search in order to see the others..
is it possible to implement an "animation browsing" function so that i know what are available in the server?
LG Nexus 5 (D821) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted (by bigxie), Xposed Framework (by rovo89, Tungstwenty)

LG Nexus 4 (E960) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted
ASUS Nexus 7 (ME370T) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted
Sony Xperia S (LT26i) : Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (6.2.B.1.96) rooted, DooMKernel (by DooMLoRD)
Huawei IDEOS X5 (U8800H) : Aurora ICS 5.0u21 (by dzo)

==================================================

[INFO] Disable OTA update notification
The Following User Says Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overhauling
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelton View Post
this is a very promising app project.. thx for the work..

for the animation database part, currently it only shows 10 animations and i have to search in order to see the others..
is it possible to implement an "animation browsing" function so that i know what are available in the server?

As of May 25, there are currently only 10 boot animations on the 768x1280 section of the Boot Box beta (unless you have a Nexus 4, then an extra two become available). All animations on the server will be listed in the app though

I'm going to add more animations soon, they should begin to show up without the need of an update.
The Boot Box Project - Boot Animations: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41827858
The Following User Says Thank You to overhauling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akshaybz
Old
(Last edited by akshaybz; 25th May 2013 at 07:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Nice
Gonna try this!

Edit: It is B-E-A-Utiful!
Never knew that a simple app to change boot animation can be this awesome..
Awesome design man!
Simply awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to akshaybz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overhauling
Old
(Last edited by overhauling; 25th May 2013 at 10:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaybz View Post
Nice
Gonna try this!

Edit: It is B-E-A-Utiful!
Never knew that a simple app to change boot animation can be this awesome..
Awesome design man!
Simply awesome!
Thanks for the feedback!

A lot more is coming soon

Edit: Update released, version 1.1 is now available. more animations are being added daily.

Four1Fool
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhauling View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

A lot more is coming soon

Edit: Update released, version 1.1 is now available. more animations are being added daily.
Was wondering why my bb stopped working. Nice to see it on PlayStore. Very excited about other updates, already have a lot of animations and loving it. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Four1Fool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ktetreault14
Old
Thanks Meter 435
I would like to see support for 1980x1200 for my s4.. or whatever the res is..lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

overhauling
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Support for the S4 running AOSP will definitely come

Custom boot animations seem to have issues on Samsung phones running touchwiz. Patches that fix these issues do seem to exist.

If I'm able to embed these patches into Boot Box, then these devices will also be fully supported

Tags
boot, bootanimations, bootbox, themes, twrp