Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Recurring lag with annoying sound (Video included)

OP hardisty

13th February 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has dealt with the issue I'm having here. I've tried searching but it's really hard to put into words that don't also bring up countless irrelevant issues. When watching a movie or listening to something, my tablet will frequently play an annoying buzzing sound and freeze up. It's very brief but oh man is it ever annoying. It really takes me out of what I'm watching.

You can see what I mean in this video. I'm playing a white noise app so that initial rainfall sound is supposed to be there. The buzzing happens at 0:03

Edit: Apparently they wont let me post the YouTube video. The link is: youtube .com/ watch?v=snjUCFU5D64

If anybody knows what is causing this, how to fix it, or even just links to other threads that I could not find, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
13th February 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Katy, TX
Thanks Meter: 948

1,384 posts
More
I don't know how to fix your problem, but here is a clickable link to your video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snjUCFU...%3DsnjUCFU5D64
13th February 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb

I don't know how to fix your problem, but here is a clickable link to your video:

Thank you! That definitely helps.
13th February 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

56 posts
Is that CM? I had that. Glitch kernel fixed it. However the 2/12 nightly includes a change for flo that seems to have fixed it.
14th February 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosmokinman

Is that CM? I had that. Glitch kernel fixed it. However the 2/12 nightly includes a change for flo that seems to have fixed it.

It is CM! I recently updated it the the M3 Snapshot. I feel as though it's happened again but it's a difficult thing to prompt. I'll have to run some tests on my commute home. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!
15th February 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardisty

It is CM! I recently updated it the the M3 Snapshot. I feel as though it's happened again but it's a difficult thing to prompt. I'll have to run some tests on my commute home. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!

Do you have flo (wifi only) or deb (lte version)? I was assuming flo. If so I don't think the fix is in the M3 which was built on 2/10.

The commit that fixed it (for me at least) was included in the 2/12 nightly. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/flo/

Update to latest nightly and test.

Easiest way is to play a game or watch some youtube.

If you have deb I don't know, try latest nightly. If you still get it try Glitch kernel.
Last edited by yosmokinman; 15th February 2014 at 12:20 AM.
4th April 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosmokinman

Do you have flo (wifi only) or deb (lte version)? I was assuming flo. If so I don't think the fix is in the M3 which was built on 2/10.

The commit that fixed it (for me at least) was included in the 2/12 nightly. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/flo/

Update to latest nightly and test.

Easiest way is to play a game or watch some youtube.

If you have deb I don't know, try latest nightly. If you still get it try Glitch kernel.

That worked but further proof it's CM is that it's happening on my SGS3 now. This annoying buzz is following me, haha

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread