Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Root LG Optimus Fuel LGL34C

OP skyline247

28th June 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
skyline247's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Summerville, SC
Thanks Meter: 35
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
If anyone has picked up the new LG Optimus Fuel #LGL34C , & doesn't know, it CAN be rooted. I picked up one at Wal Mart last week for $30. I mean, a dual-core Kit Kat 4.4 LG device for $30 - I couldn't pass it up for Dev purposes. Now if I could only unlock the bootloader, lol. It doesn't even boot into Recovery, Bootloader, Download, or Fastboot. I'm sure someone will break it wide open soon.

http://www.androidarea51.com/all-thi...mus-fuel-woot/
1st July 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
man lets hope so i was first to get the right mod string for it on towelroot v3 but no luck on bootloader yet im hoping it gets sorted out soon. i did pull the recovery.img directly from the phone and it does have a recovery but it just doesnt work for some reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxinburn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
skyline247's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Summerville, SC
Thanks Meter: 35
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Yes, I've been trying all kinds of methods, but none of them seem to work. Since the phone is so new, there's not much activity surrounding it, but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn

man lets hope so i was first to get the right mod string for it on towelroot v3 but no luck on bootloader yet im hoping it gets sorted out soon. i did pull the recovery.img directly from the phone and it does have a recovery but it just doesnt work for some reason.

8th July 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Tagging along because I picked up one of these from Walmart over the weekend. My main phone went missing and I needed to get something going quickly. Couldn't believe they had an Android 4.4 device for $30. Of course if it could be rooted and some custom ROM's be loaded I'd love to tinker with it.
8th July 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Question Stock Firmware
Has anyone been able to find a stock firmware for lgl34c or does anyone have a backup of one
13th July 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmore

Tagging along because I picked up one of these from Walmart over the weekend. My main phone went missing and I needed to get something going quickly. Couldn't believe they had an Android 4.4 device for $30. Of course if it could be rooted and some custom ROM's be loaded I'd love to tinker with it.

It CAN be rooted. Using towel root mod strings.
The Following User Says Thank You to toxinburn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #7  
skyline247's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Summerville, SC
Thanks Meter: 35
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
@ravenmore Yes, like toxinburn said, it CAN be rooted. Just follow the link in the OP. Make sure you change the numbers as described in reply #1 of the post. Have any questions, just reply here, or PM me. Good luck. @bigneo1973 I haven't found a stock yet, & my device is semi-bricked right now. They're making progress at this thread - http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/....php?t=2791871 Good luck
Last edited by skyline247; 13th July 2014 at 08:52 AM.
14th July 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
hey skyline i see you softbricked when you plug the phone in does it come up with two folders verinfo and image? If so I may be able to help you. If that is the case it is in qualcomm bulk mode and you can use linux to push the original files back to it, I messed up my aboot and was able to repair it thru linux......http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2426426 read this it should help if you need any working img files let me know.


Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247

@ravenmore Yes, like toxinburn said, it CAN be rooted. Just follow the link in the OP. Make sure you change the numbers as described in reply #1 of the post. Have any questions, just reply here, or PM me. Good luck. @bigneo1973 I haven't found a stock yet, & my device is semi-bricked right now. They're making progress at this thread - http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/....php?t=2791871 Good luck



---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247

@ravenmore Yes, like toxinburn said, it CAN be rooted. Just follow the link in the OP. Make sure you change the numbers as described in reply #1 of the post. Have any questions, just reply here, or PM me. Good luck. @bigneo1973 I haven't found a stock yet, & my device is semi-bricked right now. They're making progress at this thread - http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/....php?t=2791871 Good luck

I forgot to say also that the link to thread you posted doesnt work.
14th July 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #9  
R.Suave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,105
 
442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn

I forgot to say also that the link to thread you posted doesnt work.

This is most likely the thread he was referring to
19th July 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Has anyone been able to get WiFi tether to work on this phone?

I've tried a bunch of different versions of WiFi tether for root users, with a variety of different settings. Usually I get tethering started with errors, but the log file is always blank.

Edit: I've gotten as far as being able to see the network in ad-hock mode. But can't connect to it from my computer.

Update:
I bought WiFi Tether Router in the playstore. Works great.
Last edited by qw3rty3; 19th July 2014 at 09:46 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg optimus fuel, lgl34c
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes