[Q] Major input lag on CM102 and newer

Tip us?

TalakHallen6191
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Major input lag on CM102 and newer

Hi everyone,

I've had my RAZR M for just over a year now and I've had several different custom ROMs on it. Several months ago I updated to a newer CM 10.1 nightly and noticed horrible input lag. Scrolling in menus was extremely slow and apps took way longer than usual to open. I tried several different ways of wiping, flashing and installing the ROM but failed to solve the problem. I also tried all kinds of options in the developer menu and the performance settings. No dice.

I fell back to a stable 10.1 ROM until a few days ago when I decided to try the same thing with CM 11. The CM 11 ROM suffers from the same horrible input lag as the older CM 10.1 nightlies. All ROMs after a certain point have the same behavior (I don't know the nightly it started on sadly). I'd really like to use a newer ROM but the ROM is unusable with the input lag.

Has anyone had similar problems? Thanks for any input. I'll provide any additional info that helps.

Additional info:
Using TWRP 2.6.3 from here here

Getting my ROMs from the official cyanogenmod release.

I've tried many combinations of wiping everything but external SD while installing. Recently tried mounting /system while wiping but that didn't help either.

I've tried googling the problem and I've found some similar problems but no one seems to have found a solution.
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...stom-roms-lag/
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/7...-on-nightlies/

The lag also happens on Carbon ROM when I tried it a few months ago.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Stock is better. We will have to wait for official 4.4 for a fix.
Some say my version of pure perfomance helps, I have not tried the cm ver much. Go dev section. Jeeko is back & said he would make a newer.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!