Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update to 4.3 with BL unlocked?

Tip us?

PeterGeorgiou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Update to 4.3 with BL unlocked?

Hi guys, i just flashed the original firmware on my xperia T because im hoping the update will come by next week. I have also relocked my bootloader. However i was wondering if there was a way to receive the update even if my bootloader was unlocked and on a custom rom..?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

isko95
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGeorgiou View Post
Hi guys, i just flashed the original firmware on my xperia T because im hoping the update will come by next week. I have also relocked my bootloader. However i was wondering if there was a way to receive the update even if my bootloader was unlocked and on a custom rom..?
If you are on a custom rom, i dont think you will receive the update
Member of Team Xperience
MY DEVICES:

USING:
-Sony Xperia T LT30p - Stock JB 4.3 (Waiting for Stock Kitkat 4.4 );
-Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 - Stock - Rooted GB 2.3.6;
-Vodafone Smart Mini (or Vodafone 875) - Stock JB 4.1;
-Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 - Stock GB 2.3.6.
NOT USING:
-Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro U20i - Stock Eclair 2.1;
-Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 - Stock JB 4.1.2.

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGeorgiou View Post
If you have the original firmware AND the bootloader locked, you will get the update directly from Sony.

If you have a custom rom OR just the bootloader unlocked, you will be able to update only with the Flashtool and a FTF file.

PeterGeorgiou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
okay thank you very much mate

Gasai Yuno
Old
Thanks Meter 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by istux View Post
If you have a custom rom OR just the bootloader unlocked, you will be able to update only with the Flashtool and a FTF file.
Correction: you can still receive an OTA update if you're on stock firmware and your phone's bootloader is unlocked, but installing the OTA update will in most cases brick your device (again, that's if the bootloader is unlocked).
Programmed Sun: DJ SUEE / e-Amusement Network: DJ XIAEX

Sony LT25i “Tsubasa” (stock rooted, w/locked bootloader).
Previously on “The Misadventures of a Certain Pettanko”: Sony J5, Sony Z5, Ericsson R520m, Ericsson T68, Motorola V547, Nokia 9300, Motorola DROID2 GLOBAL.
Please do not press the “Thanks” button under my posts unless you are sure that the post in question actually helped you in some way. Thanks in advance.

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
Correction: you can still receive an OTA update if you're on stock firmware and your phone's bootloader is unlocked, but installing the OTA update will in most cases brick your device (again, that's if the bootloader is unlocked).
Thanks for the explanation but in the second sentence I wrote "able to update" and not "able to receive the update from Sony".
There's a slight difference of meaning, so my statement was right.
And yours is a clarification, not a correction

olafd72
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Also when your phone is branded, you have to wait a bit longer until your provider will provide you with their 4.3 version? Does anybody knows how I can see whether my phone is branded? If I look in the Service Info settings it says :1262-6309_9.1.a.1.141 Generic User at Phone Software Version and GLOBAL-HSPA_9.1.a.1.141 at File System version. At Customization Version: 1266-0471_R71.

Anybody?
--- Sony Xperia T -- OmniROM 4.4 Android KitKat ---