Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LCD density problems.

Tip us?

calebcaudill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] LCD density problems.

So I changed my LCD density to 300 using Rom Toolbox Pro and theres a lot of problems. My home screen and app drawer were just made smaller with extra space all around and my dialer is the same. Is there anyway to fix this or can we just not change the density on our notes? Also what is the default value so I can change it back lol. TIA.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1387

DONATE TO ME
Default is 480 - safer editing build.prop. density apps can cause issues and problems.

Sent from my CM11 Kitkat powered N9005
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Morningstar
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Default is 480 - safer editing build.prop. density apps can cause issues and problems.

Sent from my CM11 Kitkat powered N9005
ROM Toolbox Pro shouldn't cause any problems. I've been using it to change system-wide dpi since the day I got the phone, without issue.

That being said, some of the stock apps just don't play nice with custom dpi. The solution is to change system-wide dpi via the method of your choice, then use App Settings (an xposed module) to manually change problematic apps back to the stock dpi (480). If I remember right, the ones you need to leave at 480 are phone, contacts, calculator, and gallery. I'm not sure about the stock launcher, as I don't use it.

Alternatively, you can use modified versions of those apps that have been made to work with custom dpis, but you'll have to search for those, as I don't have the links handy at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
~astra petas~
The Following User Says Thank You to Morningstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deeznutz1977
Old
Thanks Meter 2631
I would suggest you downloading closed framework. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

And app settings http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2437377

That way you can sweet the DPI of apps independently.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

calebcaudill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for the help guys. What I'm trying to do now is use 360 DPI and change the DPI for Themer because it needs the stock DPI but it still isnt turning out right. Themer is just a little off.

deeznutz1977
Old
Thanks Meter 2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcaudill View Post
Thanks for the help guys. What I'm trying to do now is use 360 DPI and change the DPI for Themer because it needs the stock DPI but it still isnt turning out right. Themer is just a little off.
Did u do what I said

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk